Chapter 27- You Can Go Now

Colton's POV

We walked through the door to our first class and Claire and Cason were watching us intently. I was holding Riley's hand and we walked to our seats quietly while our teacher took attendance. "So class as you all know, prom is coming up, then graduation. So now none of us teachers will be giving you assignments except for the couple assignments you are required by the district to do." Claire was staring at me and it was kind of creepy. I looked away from her and looked back up at our teacher.

After our first couple classes we could leave, so we did. Right now Riley and I were sitting under a tree at the park. "I love your little brother." She told me and I smirked. "Well maybe you can be his sister in law." She looked up at me and sighed. "Maybe." I lifted her chin so she was looking directly at me. "That is if you want that someday."

"I do but can we not talk about anything like that yet. I want to focus on what's in front of me, which is you. Not talking about marriage." I pulled her into my lap and kissed her soft spot on her neck lightly. She shuddered under my touch and I smiled. "So prom is soon." She nodded and leaned her head on my chest. "I can't wait." She yawned and I rested my chin on the top of her head. "Shark weeks is really taking a toll on you this month yeah?" She nodded then I began lightly singing to her.

I heard her lightly sigh and I looked down and she was asleep. I smiled and played with her hair. I saw Laura and Marcus walking up to us. It's weird to know that they're her parents. They came over and sat on the bench across from us. "Hey Colton. Hows our little girl?" Marcus asked me. "She is good. We were going to come over but we haven't had the chance to yet."

"Okay. So I really want to get to know her. God she has eyes just like her grandmother." Laura said and her eyes filling with tears. Marcus hugged her and I looked down at Riley. She had goosebumps so I took my jacket that was laying next to me and laid it over her. "Maybe we could have a dinner and she could meet the family. Of course it would just be you guys, I will be at home." I scratched the back of my neck hoping that they wouldn't mind if I came along with Riley.

"Oh nonsense Colton your always welcome and that is a great idea." I smiled at them and they were just kind of staring at Riley. "You know, she loves you so much. It's honestly amazing. I am glad she has you." I gave them a bright smile and they said their goodbyes and left.

I stood up with Riley in my arms, carrying her bridal style to the car. I set her down in the seat and buckled her. When I went to walk away she held my hand. "Princess, I'm just going to the driver side." She let go and gave me a lazy side smile. God she is adorable. I rushed around to the other side.

"See I'm right here princess." I winked at her and she sighed and shook her head. "Just take me home pretty boy." I smirked at her. "Someone's eager to get in her boyfriends pants." She smacked my arm. "Keep that shit up and you won't touch me until after we have children." I looked at her confused. "But that would mean I wouldn't ever touch you." She sat up, took my head in her hands. "That's the point." I nodded understanding what she meant and she laughed before placing her lips on mine. I smiled under it and tickled her sides lightly. She squirmed back into her seat and wrinkled her nose. "You can go now." She said gesturing to the rode. I smiled and started the car.

"Your mom and dad want to see you." I heard her swallow loudly. "They probably think I'm a psycho. I totally ran out like a freak. Er- what if they say something and I run out again?! Ugh!" I looked over at her and smiled. "You know your cute." She looked at me and her cheeks were red. I smiled and pulled into her drive way. She frowned. "What's wrong princess?"

"It's so depressing in there. I still expect him to be sitting on the couch cheering on a football game with a greasy burger in his hands. Then when I go past his room I just get filled with sadness and I just feel lonely in there. I just want to scream and-" I cut her off. "Move in with me." She looked at me for a second.