02 | chapter two

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

     "Gnashton is so hot."

"Gnashton is a douche."

"Did you see Caspians face? Gnashton belongs in a mental institution."

"He's a freak show."

"Who?"

"Both of them."

Giggles after giggles, gossip after gossip, the school is a buzz. It's only the first day and word already spread around about what happened or at least what was passed around which was altered Information mixed up with over-exaggeration of what actually happened. Typical high school theatrics.

People saw Caspians face that's bandaged up and people immediately began to talk and spread lies as if they really knew what happened but it wasn't like Caspian wasn't thriving off of the attention. He acted as if he hated it but I knew better as did the two closest people he hung around with, Hunter and Archer, and Gnashton.

Caspian didn't even have a bruise left, he's healed because what happened was a week ago and although he wasn't an Alpha nor a higher-ranked werewolf, he's still much more than an omega like I am.

I didn't want to point fingers at him and label him what's been running through my mind so I minded my own business. If this is what he wants then so be it, it's not like I cared. I'm not related to him, the only thing Caspian and I shared is a house and adoptive parents. That's it.

My schedule, printed on white smooth paper is in my hands as I navigate through the large school in search of my first-period class. The halls are filled with students chatting amongst each other, maybe if I spoke and actually had friends that could be me but people were usually fake...much like Caspian. Not to throw shade.

Room 134.

That's the room I entered that held no more than four other students but the bell didn't ring announcing it was time for first period to begin so I didn't really expect many students to be inside, to begin with. I didn't see name tags on the desks so I had hope that the teacher didn't assign seats. Last year, most of my teachers did and it was hell. Either I sat next to someone who reeked of weed and was just an airhead who constantly needed answers for everything or I sat next to someone who bullied me because I didn't speak to them and so I became a mute freak to them.

I walk all the way to the back and sit at the last desk in the row closest to the door. The desks weren't separate which I hated because there was never enough elbow space and I always ended up near the edge of the black desk because I didn't like people touching me or coming near me. It would send me into a frenzy and I didn't want all these immature teenagers seeing my panic attacks and using that as even more ammunition to ostracize me.

I lay the side of my head on the palm of my right hand and gaze at the teacher who is busy writing down the warm-up for today.

Now that I think about it, Gnashton came awfully close to me the day I had my little incident but I didn't freak out like I normally did. It was weird that he got that close to me and nearly touched me but my body didn't respond in terror as it should have. I was grateful that I didn't spazz out but it was just so confusing and I didn't know why but I didn't want to dwell on something I didn't have the answer to.