35 | chapter thirty-five

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

             "Fuck, please don't get aroused knowing that I can't be there to fuck the daylights out of you. God you're so horny right now and I can feel it, baby boy," he husks into the mind link and I feel my member twitch.

I shake my head profusely as my face begins to feel hot while the front of my sweatpants begin to display a tent even though it's a small one.

"Stop talking!! I—I'll come see you after," I say in exasperation, covering my face with my hands.

"That's a promise right, baby?" I can hear the smirk in his voice.

"Y-yes," I stutter.

"Okay," I can hear his laugh and I remove my hands away from my face and smile.

My happiness is short lived as I look at Caspian to see that his eyes are focused on the ceiling now. Biting my lip, I begin to type on my phone despite how hesitant I am. I'm not sure what to say because I've never had to comfort someone on a matter like this before. Especially not someone like Caspian. Despite how unsure I am, I hold out my phone to show Caspian what I typed. He looks away from the ceiling and gazes at my phone.

"It doesn't seem like you're too happy about it."

He scoffs, "why would I be? I don't want a mate. Especially not..."

He doesn't finish his sentence but I don't pressure him to do so because I didn't want him to get angry. Instead, I begin to type again and show him my reply.

"You're not attracted to them?"

After reading it, he looks at me and I blink before drawing my phone back to me. He hesitates, opening his mouth then closing it and shaking his head in finality.

"I just don't want a mate and I sure as hell won't allow that person to be mine or claim me. Can you fucking imagine, out of all places and out of all ways it had to be that way and out of all genders it had to be the one that I just...fuck," he runs a frustrated hand through his hair but midway he clenches harshly onto the strands with a vice like grip.

I frown, cringing slightly because I expected him to be in pain from the pressure that he's applying to his scalp but it's like the pain doesn't faze him in anyway. I've seen his reaction, or lack thereof, towards pain and I've always ignored it and even joked that he was a sadist or masochist but maybe—no, I'm definitely overthinking things that probably isn't present.