36 | chapter thirty-six

Niklaus Wade

Niklaus Wade

He keeps his right hand over my eyes as his other hand gently pushes my hands away from his face. Once he's gotten my hands away from his very attractive face, he grabs my left arm and pulls me up so that I'm no longer sitting on his soft bed. With his hand still placed over my eyes, he guides me somewhere and I hesitantly begin to take footsteps towards wherever he's guiding me.

His bedroom is quite big so it's no surprise that I have to take multiple steps before I'm wherever he intends to take me to. I stop moving as does he and I can feel him take an intake of breath just from the feeling of his chest on my back but also because of the connection we have. He's nervous and anxious right now much like me so I try to wade off my anxiety because it's probably only making it worse.

"I'm going to count to three and remove my hands," he whispers near my ear and I shiver slightly but nod to let him know that I heard what he said.

"1..."

My heart beat quickens.

"2..."

My throat becomes dry.

"3..."

I pee my pants—that's a joke, I promise.

He removes his hand and my eyes begin to take in the scene before me. It's dark with the exception of the beautiful decorative white lights that whimsically flow through his room and outline the large projected screen that displays the words, "Walt Disney Pictures," with the typical Disney castle posing as its background landscape.

On the floor are two blankets with all of the soft pillows in a disorganized but beautifully set up design. There are the candles from before that are beside some pillows while some are elsewhere but near the entire set up. The snacks are piled upon each other while the bowl of popcorn lies near a burgundy circular pillow near the cans of Arizona and moon pies. The smell of vanilla and cinnamon swirl around the room, dancing in each corner and invading my sense while making me feel warmth and cozy.

A smile takes over my face as I rip my eyes away from the set to look at Nash who looks unsure, like he expects me to hate something as magnificent as this. I throw my arms around his neck and hug him tightly, my heart beating as the love I have for this man only begins to grow to monumental proportions. I was beginning to think that it wasn't healthy to love someone as much as I love Nash.

"This is beautiful, Nash!" I exclaim through mind link.

I feel him relax and release a relieved sigh and I begin to feel his emotions begin to settle to joy and relief. Keeping my arms around his neck, I pull away slightly but only to peer up at him. He glances down at me with a crooked smile that makes me feel bubbly inside. Leaning down, he presses his lips against mine softly and every inch of my being begins to dance. I know that's not possible but that's the only way I can express the way Nash makes me feel.