Chapter Ten

Then someone on a rabbit drawn sled comes ridding in. "Radagast. Radagast the Brown...What on earth are you doing here?" says Gandalf "I was looking for you, Gandalf. Something's wrong. Something's terribly wrong." says Radagast. 

"Yes?" said Gandalf. Radagast opens his mouth to speak, but shuts it. He opens his mouth again, but closes it again. He has forgotten what he was going to say.

"Oh, just give me a minute. Um, oh, I had a thought, and now I've lost it. It was, it was right there, on the tip of my tongue." says Radagast. 

He curls up his tongue, and looks surprised. "Oh, it's not a thought at all; it's a silly old..." says Radagast. Gandalf pulls a stick insect out of Radagast's mouth. "stick insect!" said Radagast. 

The Dwarves and Bilbo look flustered. Radagast and Gandalf go off a few paces and speak privately.

Suddenly, a howl is heard in the distance. "Was that a wolf? Are there­­are there wolves out there?" asks Bilbo. "Wolves? No, that is not a wolf." said Bofor. 

From behind a nearby crag, a Warg appears; it leaps into the midst of the Company, knocking down one of the Dwarves. Thorin strikes and kills it using Orcrist. 

Another Warg attacks from the other side; Kili shoots it with an arrow, bringing it down. However, it gets back up, only to be killed by Dwalin.

"Warg­ Scouts! Which means an Orc pack is not far behind." says Thorin. "Orc pack?" asks Bilbo. "Who did you tell about your quest, beyond your kin?" asks Gandalf. 

"No one." said Thorin. "Who did you tell?" Gandalf asked again. "No one, I swear. What in Durin's name is going on?" said Thorin louder than before. "You told her." said Gandalf pointing at Victoria. "I didn't. She just appeared." said Thorin. 

"You are being hunted." said Gandalf. "We have to get out of here." said Dwalin. "We can't! We have no ponies; they bolted." said Ori. "I'll draw them off." said Radagast. "These are Gundabad Wargs; they will outrun you." said Gandalf. 

"These are Rhosgobel Rabbits; I'd like to see them try." said Radagast turing to Gandalf. And then he gets on his sled and rides off and the Wargs chase him. While the Company follow Gandalf down a hill but they see a Warg and it has seen them.

The Warg runs at the Company, Dwalin kils it but it made so much noise that the other Wargs heard him and they were soon after the Company. 

Gandalf disappears and the Company is soon surrounded. Then Victoria see's him behind a few boulders, then the others see him when he says, "This way you fools." They jump into the tunnel. Then from above, they hear war horns. 

And then a dead Orc falls into the tunnel. Thorin takes the arrow out of the body, "Elves." he says throwing the arrow down on the ground. 

Then Dwalin walks to the corner, "I cannot see where the pathway leads, do we follow it or no?" Dwalin asks. 

"Follow it of course." said Bofor. "I think that would be wise." said Gandalf.