It's Not Rocket Science

Han could feel the drop before his body hit the carpet. Gravity pulling him downwards, his muscles tensing up, his mind knowing the sensation of free falling.

The ground hit him sooner than expected- in just a few seconds- jolting him awake instantly. He grunted, pulling himself up with one arm on the bed. From atop it, Chewie looked down at him with curious eyes.

"I apologize for having to do that." Leia came around the other side of the bed. "But you wouldn't wake up no matter what I tried."

"So you just decided to push me off the bed?" Han accused.

"As I said, you left me no other choice. I tried calling your name, even shouting it. I tried shaking you, but you remained asleep. I had to use the Force," She explained.

Han shook his head, waving her off. "You better have a good reason for waking me up like that."

Leia nodded. "There is a woman outside calling for you. She seems upset."

He didn't even have to ask; he knew immediately who the woman was. Of course, she would show up at possibly the worst moment.

"Qi'ra," He sighed, marching off towards the front door. Sure enough, there she was, standing on the porch and peering through the window.

"Stay inside," Han ordered, glancing back at Leia, who had followed him. She looked just as intrigued as the dog beside her.

Pulling the door back, he quickly stepped outside to greet Qi'ra, closing the door just a little too hard behind him.

"Han! Do you know how long I have been waiting out here for you?!" She demanded. "Almost an hour!"

"Okay, let's not overexaggerate here." Han tried calming her as he led her to the garage.

"I told you I was coming," She reminded, pointing her finger at him. "Is the car ready?"

"Yeah, here it is." With an over-the-top gesture and a fake grin, he pointed her to Mercedes parked in the garage.

Qi'ra's eyes brightened at the sight. "Oh, I must start it up!"

Han handed her the keys without a word, letting her test it out. She hopped into the driver's seat, igniting the engine with a grin.

"That'll be two hundred." Han came up to her, sensing that she was pleased with his work.

Before she could pull out her wallet, Qi'ra's head turned towards the woman who had just entered. She was wandering around the shed, glancing at the various tools and shelves.

"Han," Qi'ra started to say. "Who is this?"

"This is Le-"

"Leia Naberrie Organa," She interrupted, stepping forward to the car. "Daughter of Padme Naberrie of Naboo and Bail Organa of Alderaan."

By the time she finished listing her titles, Han's hand was already covering his face. Even Qi'ra seemed to be at a loss for words.

"Al-Alderaan?" She repeated, scrunching her face. "Is that somewhere in Africa?"

"No," Leia answered. Meanwhile, Han shook his head, knowing exactly where this was going. "Alderaan is- was the planet I was from."

Qi'ra looked at Han, who had been looking at her this entire time. He was leaning back against the wall with his arms crossed, taking in the scene with amusement.

"Ah." Qi'ra pursed her lips. "I don't know what you mean."

"You and me both," He piped up. "Leia believes she's from outer space."