Chapter 2: Magic

Five glorious years of marriage to the love of my life. Chase Bishop.

My first for everything. I gave him all of me, all of what a woman gives a man she loves, and she cherishes with every inch and every mile. We met in school and everything just fell into place. He opened up my life to a world of trust, commitment, adoration and unconditional love, the things that I now can't live without. He completes my circle and even imagining a life without him is a life I never wish to see.

And that's what I told everyone. Reporters, journalists, bloggers, and even my own family. I even told myself that, to the point where I believed it. I had rehearsed those same words in the mirror so many times over that I don't even realise if I'm lying about it anymore.

I sat in front of the vanity looking at the person looking back at me as my hairstylist curled my hair to perfection and my makeup artist put the final touches to my lip combination, I looked beautiful but that didn't stop my self-esteem from being shot as I heard my husband in the room next door with his new girlfriend giggling.

I smiled at my makeup artist as she paused with sadness in her eyes, I knew what that sadness meant, it was pity. She pitied me, I mean I would too if I was doing my client's makeup for her first interview about her marriage to her mogul husband of 5 years and he is in the next room canoodling with his girlfriend. "Could you guys give me a second please?"

They both looked at me with sorrow in their eyes, I looked directly back at the mirror not even acknowledging their expressions, I knew if I looked at them I would have broken down for the millionth time. They both exited the room, as I heard the door close behind them I finally exhaled and my head dropped into my hands. I felt my lip start to tremble as the tears started to pool my eyelids but I couldn't cry today because this was meant to be my moment to shine.

I looked back up at the mirror, picked up a cotton bud and cleaned up the tears that had almost fallen from my beautified eyes. I attempting to center myself with some steady breathing as I blocked out all of the negative thoughts and put on the game face that the world needed to see, his wife. This was about me and my husband, it was my grand entrance into his world and I wasn't going to mess this up for anyone.

I know crazy right, I'm doing this for him knowing what he is doing to her.

I plastered that award-winning smile on my face, whipped my robe off of my body, went to the rack to see my outfits for the shoot and interview commencing immediately after. I carefully dressed in a peach off the shoulder, long-sleeved dress that reached my knees and my nude peeped-toed stiletto 6-inch tie-up heels.

I looked back over to the mirror one last time, sliding my hands down the curves of my curvaceous body as I tilted my head to one side feeling every nook and cranny of myself, every blemish and every flaw that once upon a time, my husband adored.

I wished the hands sliding down my body were his masculine hands, taking in every inch of my body, cherishing it like it was the last thing on earth he would get to touch but yet again that was all a cruel fantasy of mine.

Giving myself one final look of approval, before walking out of my dressing room. As soon as I walked through that door it was like a whole different world. There were people rushing up and down the halls making sure everyone was in position and doing what they needed to make ensure that today went smoothly. I felt my nerves rear their ugly head, as I felt the panic rack my mind my feet started moving before I could think.

I instinctively found myself knocking on the door next to mine, I felt a nervous tick become very evident. I looked around as I knocked a few more times, I needed the man on the other side of the door, he was my calm and my cool. So when I channeled out all of the noise around me and listened in to what was happening behind that door I felt my head fall just as my heart did.