Chapter 5: One and only

I was lucky I hadn't crashed my car, my palms were sweaty, my stomach was hurting and my nerves were at their peak. I knew what I wanted my answer to be, I wanted to run into Tobias' arms and let him show me what the beautiful world of Tobias Wrexler really was and what it would be like if I was in it but I just didn't know if I could tunnel my way out of Chase's.

I was scared that he would give me that one look that could change my mind in an instant, that one touch on that hypersensitive part of my thigh, that one pet name that made me melt every time he said it or that one lustful bite at my earlobe that would have me scurrying at his feet. He knew every card to play to get what he wanted and my body was still so intuned with his unspoken commands.

I wanted to detach, I wanted to disconnect, I wanted to sever my heartstrings from his so I could give Tobias the real chance that he deserved. But my damaged heart still belonged to Chase Bishop whether I wanted it to or not.

I sat in my car in front of Chase and I's home, I needed a minute to catch my breath. I needed to think about what I was going to say and how I would respond to him if he threw responses to me that I wasn't prepared for. I knew the way his mind worked in most situations but this - this was so foreign to me and I didn't know how to handle it.

I wanted to stomp in there and tell him that there is someone that I wanted to get to know. Someone that I was interested in, someone that made me get butterflies in my stomach and feel like a little school girl when her crush finally notices her and someone that made me feel on top of the world the moment I was cradled in his arms - but how could I tell my husband that?

I stepped out of my car locking it behind me, after a few short steps I stood at the front door for what felt like forever and finally unlocked the door only to be hit with a scent of alcohol and his woodsy manly musk in the air. I took a deep breath as I heard his voice penetrate my ears "Is that my beautiful wife I hear?"

I didn't answer, as I slowly followed the sound of his voice. I walked the dimly lit halls until I started noticing little candles decorated all throughout the rooms, and a trail of candy pink coloured silk rose petals leading the way, the rose petals looked like they were changing colour as the silk went from the candy pink to a deep red as I got closer. I felt my heart begin to pound as I approached our open plan living room and kitchen.

The sliding double doors leading into the room were closed which was a rarity in our home, I placed my hands on the doors as I slowly pried them open, I was frozen on the spot as I witnessed the scene in front of me. My husband in a jet black fitted suit, a crisp white dress shirt with the top buttons opened exposing his smooth skin and his favourite suede, black Christian Louboutin dress shoes.

He was standing tall with a pantie dropping smile on his face, standing next to a candlelit dinner with my favourite meal Lobster Linguine paired with a bottle of red wine to accompany. My heart began to flutter as I looked at the man I loved and remembered the exacts reasons why I fell in love with him in the first place.

I felt my breath hitch as he began taking steps towards me, I felt his fingers take hold of mine and intertwine like our hands were made for one another. I watched as his eyes sparkled like the day we first laid eyes on each other. His eyes told our story, the good, the bad, the ugly and the beautiful but right now all I could remember was the good, the amazing memories that only we could be worthy of holding.

"You look beautiful my love." He rested his hands on my cheeks as I placed mine over his and leaned my cheek into one hand. This was the man I remembered, the spontaneous, romantic, thoughtful and caring man I was introduced to 8 years ago who spent a year of his life wooing me. Chase Bishop wasn't all bad and watching the love ooze from these incredibly beautiful gestures, I couldn't remember why I was hurt.