Chapter 39: Be free baby.

Tobias

Three days.

Three days and two nights of radio silence from Monroe, all I've wanted was to hear her voice. Her laugh, god I wanted to hear her beautiful laugh.

I needed to see her smile, her glorious smile that lit up every room she walked in. And I needed to feel those luscious lips on mine as her kisses took my breath away.

They say that distance makes the heart grow fonder but this time away just made the withdrawals I had spike to its fullest. She was my deepest addiction and I needed my fix, I needed that fix for the rest of my life.

I missed her so much and I couldn't understand why I hadn't heard from her, it's normal to hear from your girlfriend regularly when you're out of the country, right?

I mean, even when you're in the country that should be a normal thing, right? Maybe I was just obsessing and blowing things out of proportion. I just needed to see her.

I checked with Clarise every other day just to see if Monroe was okay, I didn't want to be that psycho boyfriend but Clarise understood why I had been so worried about her so I was glad to hear that she was okay. Clarise said she was busy with a few things while I was away but she was safe and that was all that mattered to me.

I watched the city go past as I refamiliarised myself with the place I called home. I had missed the city, I missed my home but honestly my home wasn't a place anymore. I could live anywhere as long as Monroe was with me, she was my home and I couldn't wait to get back to her. "Hey, could we make one stop before we head to my house please?"

I looked at the cab driver in his rear view mirror and he nodded in confirmation, I silently thanked him with a grin before giving him a few directions and finally pulled up. I stepped out of the car after letting the driver know I'll be no longer than 5 minutes.

I walked into the quiet flourists to find a little old lady wrapping up a beautiful bouquet of white lillies with such precision and skill.

She soon noticed my presence, giving me a warm smile to acknowledge me before coming out from behind her workbench to approach me. "Good afternoon, young man. Can I help you with something? A single flower? A bouquet? The men that usually come into my shop are usually in the dog house." She quirks her eyebrow with a cheeky grin on her face and I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well I hope I'm not in the dog house. I had to leave my girlfriend for a few days for work and I wanted to surprise her with a bouquet of flowers and a little gift I have for her at home. Could you help me? I've never really had someone this special, that I've wanted to do this stuff for." I bashfully spoke to her, completely out of my depth.

She smiled warmly at me before going behind her workbench once more, she put away the white lillies before leaning her elbows on the bench and looking up at me. "Why don't you tell me about her? And I'll build a bouquet based on what you say. Flowers say a lot about a persons personality."

I nodded my head as I walked around the shop looking at all of the beautiful wreaths and bouquets covering the store. "Well." I cleared my throat.

"She's stunning and that's not just the beauty she holds on the outside, she's truly stunning. She's a blinding light that just light's up every room she walks into. She radiates love, she has so much of it but she's never had the right people around her to give it to and she loves hard and so fiercly.

She's got this fire in her that I fall in love with every time I get a glimpse of it but I don't get to see it much because she thinks she's broken beyond repair but I don't see that. I see this strong, beautiful woman that deserves the world and I want to give her that and I -" I stop talking as I realise that I am rambling, I begin to scratch the back of my neck shyly but her facial expression is what shocks me the most.