Chapter 17

Knocking on the door of Leilani's classroom first, Hansen stepped inside

Knocking on the door of Leilani's classroom first, Hansen stepped inside. Leilani looked up from her coloring paper and ran toward Hansen.

"Uncle Handsome!" Leilani said with happiness.

Joy shone on her face when she saw he had slurpee's in his hand. Grabbing the slurpee from his hands, she thanked him. Hansen looked at Mrs. K.

"Sorry, for being late." Hansen said sheepishly.

With his charming grin and great looks women never stayed mad at Hansen. It was a blessing - he always got out of whatever trouble he got in, in the past. Mrs. K was a married woman, but it didn't mean she could resist his charm.

"It's fine. The school doesn't have a strict policy on parents being on time to pick up their kids," Mrs. K said with a smile, waving her hand and dismissing the topic.

"It wont happen again." he said, with a smile.

As he was about to walk out, he stopped and turned around. He chuckled and looked at Mrs. K.

"I'm sorry to bother, but could I use a post-it note and sharpie?" asked Hansen.

"Sure." she said grabbing it and handing it to Hansen.

Hansen smirked as he wrote something on the post-it note, then handed the sharpie back to Mrs. K.

"Thank you!" said Hansen as he walked out.

Leilani put on her backpack and grabbed Hansen's hand. Waving goodbye to Mrs. K, they headed toward Thanya's class. Hansen was smirking to himself, eager to see her face-to-face again. She may have walked away when he called her name, but there was nowhere she could run now. His niece was literally in her class.

Leilani grabbed the other slurpee and ran into the classroom, wanting to give it to Malia herself. Hansen followed and leaned against the doorpost. He looked at Thanya as she sat there at her desk, grading papers and pretending not to notice him right away. Hansen walked toward her desk and put down the extra slurpee that he bought for her.

Thanya was expecting a remark from Hansen. What he did instead, surprised her. He simply called Malia, and walked out. He didn't acknowledge her, he didn't even do something that would cause her to acknowledge him.

He left.

There was no one in the classroom, except for Thanya. She put down her pen and looked up from the papers. She looked at the slurpee on her desk and grabbed it. When she did, she felt a piece of paper on the side of it. Turning the cup around, she saw a short message:

Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids!

The next day, as Hansen was about to exit the school after dropping the girls off, the principal spotted him across the hall. She recognized him from the auction at the school fundraiser. She immediately walked toward him, to personally thank him for filling in for the lifeguard that couldn't make it.