Chapter 35

A week later

A week later

"Mom!?" Hansen said, in a surprised tone.

Hansen was surprised when he saw his parents at his front doorstep. He then looked behind Belle and saw Dan and the rental van in his driveway. He was glad that Thanya wasn't here right now. The last thing he wanted was for Dan and Thanya to run into each other. He moved to the side and held the door open for his parents to enter. It wasn't hard to guess how they showed up. They knew his address from when he would send cards and gifts.

Belle threw her arms around Hansen and hugged him. "Good to see you again, honey."

When they all sat down in the dining area, Belle told Hansen what his father told her after they left. She apologized and wanted Hansen to forgive his father. She also wanted Dan to apologize to Thanya as well. She was innocent in all of this, and definitely didn't deserve the way Dan spoke about her. She knew that Dan needed to apologize whether he wanted to or not.

"Mom . . . Thanya and I broke up," Hansen said in a sad tone.

Dan hid his expression of surprise. He didn't think that this would happen, even though he hoped it would. Belle, on the other hand didn't take it so well. She looked at Dan with a mad expression and then at Hansen in an apologetic expression.

"Dan Hayworth, you are going to apologize to that poor woman, and fix this!" Belle said, standing up.

Hansen leaned back on the sofa that he was sitting on.

He sighed and said, "An apology won't fix it, Mom. Thanya will know that he isn't really sorry, and an apology never means anything if the person isn't sincere." Everyone in the room knew he was right.

Hansen stood up and looked at his parents. "It's good to see you again. I'll go and prepare one of the guest rooms for you and Dad," then left the room.

Belle crossed her arms and looked at Dan. "You know what, Dan? The man I'm seeing is not the man I fell in love with. This man is not the man that I know. If you were, you would try to make things right." 

"