Chapter 26

Thanya sat comfortably on her queen-sized bed at home, munching on nothing but popcorn and snacks while watching a movie in her bedroom

Thanya sat comfortably on her queen-sized bed at home, munching on nothing but popcorn and snacks while watching a movie in her bedroom. Since dating Hansen, she usually spent her free time with him. They were becoming inseparable. Unfortunately for both of them, today was different. Hansen had to work, so Thanya spent the day staying in and relaxing at home.

The sound of her phone ringing turned her head away from the TV, checking to see who could be calling. She reached for the cellphone on the nightstand beside her and looked at the caller ID. A couple of days ago she received a call from a scammer claiming that the IRS was after her, and she had to pay up a certain fine, or else they would come to her house to arrest her. She didn't pick up the call when she didn't recognize the number and rolled her eyes when she listened to the voicemail.

Thanya looked at the phone and saw a number she didn't recognize. She rolled her eyes and didn't pick up the call. She didn't feel like dealing with another spam call, so she ignored the phone. When the phone kept ringing multiple times, she finally picked it up.

"Hello?" Thanya asked, with suspicion.

"Hey girl!" said the voice of a woman.

Thanya immediately recognized the voice. It was her old college roommate Akita. Thanya called her Kita for short. Akita was a short, slim, Asian woman with straight, short black hair and bangs that stopped right before her eyebrows.

"Kita!" Thanya greeted with laughter. "Sorry, I didn't pick up. I didn't recognize the phone number."

"Not your fault. I changed my phone number," said Kita. "Anyways, what are you up to?"

"Nothing much. Just chilling at home watching a movie and binging on snacks. What about you?" replied Thanya.

"Oh? That sounds fun. I'm just heading over to an old friend's house," said Kita.

At that moment Thanya could hear the sound of someone knocking on the door downstairs.

"One moment, someone's at the door," said Thanya as she got up from the bed and headed to the door.

"Okie dokie," replied Kita.

Thanya walked to the door and opened it. 

"Surprise!" shouted Kita.

They both rushed to give each other a big hug.

"I missed you so much!" they said to each other in unison.

Since they were still hugging when they said it, their comment came out more muffled, but they knew what the other was trying to say. Thanya always loved it when Kita came to visit. They had so much fun spending time together.

Thanya couldn't wait for Kita to meet Hansen. She knew that Kita would approve of him. Hansen was everything a good man should be. The part about him being handsome was a plus. Something Thanya loved very much.