13

"Have a plan you said. I have a plan you said." Willow muttered while running. "You never said your plan was attacking a shopping centre!" Willow exclaimed while running down the escalators. Ignoring the fact that they were moving, she still ran down them. She pushed the screaming, mentally scarred people out of the way as she went. Yes, Jonathan's plan involved throwing numerous hand grenades through the windows. These grenades were filled with toxins. It took little less than five minutes for them to go off, and even little less time for the people inside to start screaming. "I mean what the hell do we even get out of this?" Willow exclaimed and then frowned. "Now you're on the phone!" She pointed at Jonathan as he pulled into a small shop and pushed the man away from the counter.

He had picked up the phone, "H-hello," he stuttered out shakily, Willow raised an eyebrow at him. "P-please, you have to help me!"

"Oh...you're an excellent actor." Willow crossed her arms when Jonathan pretended to be terrified and traumatised. He was doing a good job really.

"He's here! You have to help me, everyone's gone mad." Jonathan raised an eyebrow and pushed the man away from himself. The man was crawling his way up the counter to stand. Once he stood, he took to trying to grab a hold of Jonathan's jacket. "Thank you!" Jonathan exclaimed and then hung up. "The police are on their way, apparently. But we both know before the police a certain rodent likes to make his presence known." Jonathan said suddenly back to normal and serious.

Willow clapped her hands to her cheeks. "I can't see Batman! I lied to him, he'll hate me."

Jonathan slapped a hand to his forehead. Opening his eyes he looked down at her from behind his mask. "Willow you...you have a horrid habit of seriously making me ponder about you and your mind set."

"But I lied! I said I hadn't seen you and he'll see I lied, because here we are." Willow waved her arms dramatically in the air.

Jonathan just looked at her disbelievingly. Willow just pouted up at him. Rolling his eyes, Jonathan walked out of the small shop. "You saw him the other week, correct? Yes, see, how is he meant to know that between you getting attacked and him seeing you, till now, that I hadn't hunted you out?" Willow shrugged. "Exactly." Jonathan walked into the foyer space of the shopping centre and looked up at the glass ceiling windows. Willow shifted from foot to foot and looked towards the swivel doors. "Willow, it's time for us to leave." Jonathan said. Willow looked up, a silhouette of a familiar caped man was looming ever closer to the glass windows. Willow pulled a face and quickly ran after Jonathan. They exited through the fire escape, the fire escape led onto an alleyway and beyond the alleyway was the busy streets. They ran down the alley and turned into another. They were purposely avoiding the busy streets of the city.

Eventually they stopped running, Jonathan leaned against the wall while Willow leaned her hands against her knees and tried to catch her breath. "Think he saw us?" Willow asked through taking deep breaths of air.

"I saw you." A voice said from above. Willow jumped and yelped, Jonathan pushed away from the wall and looked up at the roof top.

"Hello, little bat."

"Crane," Batman stayed crouching and unmoving. "Still alive I see."

"Very much so, you can't say you didn't have a hunch?"

"No, I knew you would survive." He answered in an emotionless tone. His eyes glanced at Willow, she sheepishly smiled and waved at him. He didn't say anything to her, Willow probably could guess the lecture which she'd receive. "Attacking a shopping centre, what do you get from that? There's nothing there of interest to you."

"Well," Jonathan wagged a finger. "You're wrong there. There's plenty of things there which interest me."

"Go on."