Chapter 4 : I killed someone

"Hokage-sama, I killed someone." Harsh cough followed the statement. He thought he could finally have a break when he heard she wanted to see him. Did she know how much murder bought of paperwork. Wait, that's not the problem!

"You killed someone??!"

"I believe that's what I said Hokage-sama."

How did it come to this? Well...

She stayed in the underground for a goor another 30 minutes before her thought took her to the strange Hokage she met, usually powerful figures were... strict, corrupt, perverts, in short 'bad' people she couldn't trust. But the one she met was different, she knew better than to believe he wasn't smart underneath his happy facade but at least he didn't seem bad. And... he was her only choice, nobody except him could take care of the current situation. She needed someone high in ranks and he was the only one she knew could help her.

She would have to convince him, for that she could let out a part of her secret to bait him. The problem was how could she, a nobody covered in blood, meet the Hokage, the highest ranked person in this village on par with Madara Uchiha.

She needed a cover, her sharp eyes looked at the torture room and saw nothing except torture instruments... Oh, a leaf forehead protector, could be useful she thought as she tied it around her neck. Next, she would need a mantle, to hide her face till she arrived at the Hokafe's office, couldn't risk meeting with someone she knew, it would end very badly.

Finding what she wanted on the library floor she ripped part of it to appear like a beggar, till she arrived, it would help with keeping nosy people at an appropriate distance.

Sending one last look toward the now smelly corpse, she was suddenly glad there were smell consealers littered on the walls. Looking at herself in the mirror, she exited by the back door and with wobbly steps, to help her disguise, headed toward the Hokage tower.

Taking a deep breath, she walked confidently in the tower, toward the reception, she pulled down her hood and waited patiently, not, for her turn.

"Hello Miss, how can I help you?" Shaily was midly surprised at her professional smile, she is very capable to be able to keep her calm in front of a covered in blood child.

"Good afternoon, I need to talk to the Hokage, it's very urgent." She bowed at the end before looking determinedly at the smiling woman.

Ain had always been very good at reading people, part of why she had been given charge of this important job at a young age.

Despite her appearance of assistant, she was in charge of the whole staff who took care of the tower. She is praised for being rarely surprised, but when she first saw the child with an obvious scent of blood drifting from her, she was very suspicious.

She was too mature, polite and the way her shoulders were tensed indicated her hurry, she hid it very well but she could see it, the way her eyes expertly took in her surroundings. And the forehead protector didn't fool her, she could see it was quite old and used, it didn't belong to this little girl no older than 5, could have fooled anyone other than her probably.

She knew she shouldn't do what she was about to do, but she trusted her guts. She saw the girl help an elderly woman with her papers despite obviously being in great hurry and from the slight twitch of her chakra, scared. Her chakra was also an indicator of her good nature, it seemed warm.

Smiling, Ain got around the desk, through not before sending a look at her assistant signaling her to take over, she walked toward a pair of guarded doors with Shaily behind her. Shaily couldn't help her happiness from showing, the first step was a success through she wondered why the obviously very smart lady agreed to help her, she knew she was suspicious looking.

10 minutes later, she stood alone in front of a normal pair of wooden door with a wooden placard above: Hokage's office.

Bowing as she came in front of Hashirama, she took in his surprise and the frown that marred his face at the smell of blood from her.

"Hello again Hokage-sama."

"Hmm, I didn't expect to see you again that soon and covered in blood at that..."

"I apologize for the unpleasant smell Hokage-sama."

"It's okay, I'm more curious as for your reason for coming here, I thought you didn't want to see me."

"An unexpected accident forced it's way into my life and I didn't have any other choice than to come here asking for your help. And before you ask, I would like for our conversation to remain strictly between us two, Hokage-sama."

He raised an eyebrow before nodding, making the shinobi previously present, guard the room from outside while forming a silencing spell.

"Thank you for your trust, Hokage-sama."

---------------------

"I killed someone."

"Why?"

"He wanted to experiment on me, by that I mean torture me." Her empty eyes fixed him possibly trying to gauge his reaction. His usually smiling face had taken a serious turn. He sighed.

"Why would he want to do that?" This time, they both asked in perfect synchronization.

"What?"

"How do you do that?" His eyes bulged as he looked at her small smirk, it was easy, seing 5 seconds in the future, she just had to repeat.

"Please stop that, it's creepy"

"Do you want me to also copy your movements?"

"You can do that? I said stop!" He raised an eyebrow in annoyance and she did the exact same. 5 minutes of him moving weirdly and her copying later, he sighed in defeat.

"Fine you win, I will help, after your statements have been verified, of course in secret." She sighed in relief through his next word made her annoyed.

"But! In exchange, I want to take you as my student! I can't let such a rare gift go unpolished after all!" She frowned heavily. Sure she would have to become a ninja sooner or later to protect her powers and sooner is better than later, but really? He is one of the best but... She doesn't feel that exited about that...

Plus there was a reason she hadn't told him about the visions that came with contact.

Her powers could literally change the world and she wasn't keen on suffering for that cause... Sure, he was kind to her for now but who said he wouldn't suffer a loss or something like that that would make him lose his mind and use her for his purpose, you never truly know someone... And she knew that better than anyone else, she did respect that old man for a whole year before she had to kill him.

And if he did stay good his whole life, who says the people around him will? What if he tells them or is tortured, very unlikely but still there are plenty of risks, he could also be threatened with someone he loves and then who says this family loving person won't go against her. Other countries could also use peace to bargain for her or try to kill her to ensure nobody ends up with that power in his hands.

She would rather keep it a secret and use it as a last resort! She also didn't tell him that until last year she could only see 4 seconds in the future, at her birth only 1 second, she knew it would keep on growing...