Chapter 6 : Too early

Yawning while stretching, Shaily glared at the clock. 5:00. She swears she is going to get back at him for making her get up that early.

Dragging her body up, she slowly walked to her personal bathroom. The cold tiles making her shiver and walk faster. Throwing her clothes on the floor, she stepped under the shower. Cold water gushed out and ran down her tangled purple hair and her undeveloped body.

○●♡●○

"Good morning, mom." She mumbled as she walked down the stairs to look at her cooking mother.

" 'Morning sweetie." Her mother answered, not looking up from the pancakes she was preparing.

"Hokage-sama sent a message saying that you will have to meet with him at the 3rd training ground at 6:30. He won't be able to come get you." Still cooking, she glanced at her lethargic daughter who didn't seem to care about the news.

"Okay." Shaily answered lazily.

A few minutes later, she munched on her warm and soft pancakes, topped with a delicate cover of jam.

Yawning once again as she listlessly gazed out the window, a curse flew out of her mouth, once again directed toward the one who forced her out this early out of her bed.

"Tell dad good morning for me!"

"Hmhm." Her mother hummed in agreement.

"See you tonight." With a swift kiss on the cheek, she opened the door and stepped out. The cold air immediately erupting and slithering through the spaces in her clothes.

Her boots crunched on the dirty earth as she walked toward her hell. Nodding in respect once in a while, she idly noticed that only old people were up and about. Some chatted, more like gossiped, some prepared their shops, some tended to their garden, some read, some smiled, some laughed, some seemed emotionless, some were in their nostalgic period...

She liked observing people. The silence had always comforted her and brought her a sense of peace. The rare chatters faded to a background noise, playing tender music to her ears.

Smiling as she heard the wind chime, she closed the shop's wooden door behind her, sighing in contentment at the warm air that occupied the candy shop. Along with the warmth, there was a familiar smell of lavender.

Though she didn't look around, Shaily knew by heart what was in the shop. It was a small but comfortable place with the front shelves filled with candies. Behind those, hidden, were shelves upon shelves of wooden decorations of all sorts.

"! You finally decided to give this old lady a visit, Shaily-chan!" This calm and falsely angry voice belonged to the old lady that appeared from the back of the shop.

"My apologies, obaa-san." Shaily answered with a teasing smile, a peace offering in hand: a box of chocolates. The older woman was fond of then even though her old age forbade her from eating any.

If the old lady saw the flash of fear and deep-seated cautiousness in her eyes, she didn't comment on it. Shaily wasn't able to erase the nightmare from her memories and she knew she could never be the same again. There was, after all, a reason she hesitated so long before coming back to this shop.

Coughing in her wrinkled hand, the old lady swiftly grabbed the present and hid it behind the counter, as if afraid someone would suddenly come and take it back.

In tacit understanding, the old lady turned around and walked back to where she came from, Shaily obediently following behind her, relief flooding from her very posture.

○●♡●○

Ten minutes later, she walked out of the shop, munching on a bitter candy, a smile stretched on her cold lips.

Her hands in her pockets, she walked with firm steps toward her future training ground. A hint of excitement hidden in her steps.

Looking around at the empty training ground, disappointment filled her mouth, its taste overlapping her candies. She pushed the strange feeling to the back of her head to instead focus on filling her time. It was 6:31.

Yawning, she decided to start by stretching. From the tip of her toes to the top of her head, nothing was spared. She soon enough got rid of her jacket to lower her body temperature.

After she's had time to run and finish her self-training, she laid on her back on the still fresh grass to gaze at the half-asleep sky.

"You're late." She commented hearing the shuffling of his robe. If her parents were here they would tease her about her trusting him enough to keep her eyes closed. Because even if she could see in the future, she could only see what her future self saw or felt. Hashirama was the type of person with whom you felt comfortable almost instantly, his kindness like a sweet-honeyed trap.

"Sorry~ there was an intruder." He answered sheepishly, smiling as he gazed at the child he became so fond of in such a short time.

"Shouldn't this be kept a secret from the populace?" She bit back still bitter about waking up too early.

"Well, you're not just anyone, you're my student!" And that was enough for her to abruptly wake up from her small nap.

Pinching her cheek he smirked, she let her guard down. Swatting his annoying hand away, she walked a few steps back glaring at him.

Plopping down on the soft grass, he gazed at her guarded stance. Smiling that foolish smile of his that always managed to irke her, he patted the spot next to him.

"Sit." Even if his voice unfailingly stayed evenly and kind, an underlying pressure deserving of his official title always gently threatened.

Gritting her teeth, she finally sighed in defeat and sat a good meter in front from him, crossing her legs and tilting her head. Clapping his hands before crossing his fingers together, he put his head on his crossed fingers.

"Now, let's start!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading~

Okay so I published this for the new year but it apparently didn't publish so... I'm deeply sorry. T︵T