Chapter 16

(Sorry this took so late... my laptop broke but I have it back now and it is fine. Hope u like this Chapter!!! Please vote and comment!)

Recap:

‘The ‘midnight murderer’. (Aka a young male vampire.) I automatically hissed. This is the vampire that got me captured, the vampire that got me exposed. I let my vampire take over as my fangs come out.

I pull him off the terrified girl and get a good look at his face. OMG. It can’t be…’

Chapter 16

~ Cleo’s Pov ~

I look into his eyes. Those deep, black, murderous eyes. He looks so hungry. He licks his lips, but I don’t think it was in anticipation. He really needs to feed. And he is looking at me.

But he won’t do that. Not to his mate.

Dylan realises what has happened. He shakes his head, taking over from his vampire side as he stares at me. I think why until I remember that my fangs are out. I take over and start to talk.

‘’So I guess we both have some explaining to do then hey?’’ I ask, trying to lighten up the mood.

‘’You aren’t rejecting me? But…’’ I place my fingers on his bloody lips.

‘’Shh darling. No I will never reject you. I’m also a hybrid remember?’’ He chuckles. Hmmm, that’s hot. ‘’Ye, I remember all right.’’

I take my fingers off his gentle lips and lick them seductively, one by one. I then look at the girl on the floor who is shaking with fear at us. Shoot!

I snap my fingers making the woman become unconscious. She won’t remember a thing.

I smile. ‘’Do you want to get something to eat? I really need some human blood.’’ He nods his head wildly like a kid in a candy store. I giggle.

We start to walk off near the forest to see any humans there. We pass a row of shops near to the edge of town.

I put my arm out to stop Dylan. ‘’Shhh.’’ I whisper. He looks around. I start sniffing. The smell is coming from the third store in.

We can smell fear, and it is coming from inside that shop. All of a sudden, a man comes running out with a balaclava on his head, armed with a gun and a bag full of money.

I gasp. Mary’s words came back to me. ‘It is only illegal if you kill an innocent person’.

And that’s when I knew what I was having for dinner.

I send a mind link to Dylan, as he is also a werewolf.

‘Get him’

He nods and we run after him, zooming towards him at impossible speed. I stop in front of him. He looks puzzled. His eyes show it all. He starts quivering in fear and tries to grab his gun. But I’m too quick for that.

I take my hand out from behind my back. It’s his gun that I grabbed when I ran passed him…hehe.

‘’Looking for this?’’ I snigger in his face. This is Scarlett speaking now. I’m too hungry to play nice with my food.

He looks up at me with complete terror in his eyes.

‘’Boo’’ I say, smirking at him.

He jumps and pivots on his heel and runs into Dylan, who also has his fangs out. ‘Hmmm how sexy…’ errr focus Scarlett! ‘Sorry, he looks haauuut’. I roll my eyes.

Dylan grabs him and has him in a headlock position. I walk into the woods by my house, followed by Dylan and the robber held in his arms.

Thank G-d that street was deserted so no human saw us.

(A/N - This is a gory scene that you may not want to read - go straight to the next chapter)

Dylan dumped his body on the forest floor and I put my foot on his stomach, stopping him from going anywhere.

‘’Na na na. You ain’t goin’ anywhere.’’ I smiled sweetly.

He shivered. I guess it is getting chilly now. It is about 11 at night. I don’t even think he can see us it’s so dark. But vampires have night time vision so we can see perfectly fine.

‘’W...who are y…you? W…what do ya w…want?’’ He stuttered. I his fright makes this meal even better than I thought. It fuels my inner beast.

‘’We’re the last people you’ll see alive!’’ Dylan chuckled. He looked at me and nodded. I nodded back.

~

By now, Dylan’s vampire had taken over as we finished this guy off. Literally. I bit into his wrist whilst Dylan bit into his upper arm. The sweet, succulent juices flowed through me and down my throat.

I began to see the colour in his cheeks fade as more blood was drained from him. He lost consciousness after 3 seconds. That’s how hungry we were.

I then felt myself start to change. Change into my inner monster.

This is why I hate feeding from humans. I turn into a killing machine.

I turn into half wolf and half vampire. I make sure that I keep my mermaid side to myself as I don’t want to freak Dylan out even more.

My canines grew double the length as my ears grew furry and elongated. My fingernails turned into huge claws and my eyes turned yellow as I howled at the moon, which was shining brightly through the leaves, contrasting to the pitch black sky.

I ripped this man to shreds as my hunger and greediness grew by the second. I ate his flesh and blood till I saw the bone in his arm. I then started on his leg, squeezing out all of the liquid out until his leg turned purple from the pressure. He was most certainly and surely dead by now.

I finished off most of the human meat and I then turned around to see my mate staring at me with a smile?

I’m sure I looked as hideous as hell so I don’t know what was wrong with him. I just finished off ¾ of a human and he is smiling?

Please vote and comment!!!
Xx