Chapter 21

Recap:

‘’So, what’s next. Not handing in your homework?’’ She tries.

I grin. ‘’Maybe I’ll decapitate you and stick your head on a wooden pole outside my house to scare off unwanted visitors like your lost herd behind you.’’ I walk off not bothering with her.

She squeaks like a mouse and storms off with her ducklings.

I look at Dylan and say ‘’don’t worry, I’m back to normal.’’

I smirk and walk off.

Chapter 21:

~ Cleo’s Pov ~

I walk towards the exit of the school. What an eventful day. I used my powers to clean up the school and the headmaster was thankful for that. I explained what happened and he was fine with it, obviously.  (He didn’t exactly know what I was talking about and he would forget as soon as he goes through the doors of the school.) He was still shaken up from my rampage.

I was about to push open the door when ‘’Oi!’’ I turn around.

Miss Pateman is there with Mr Richardson.

‘’I gave you one day. Now speak.’’ Crap. I forgot about this. I mindlink Dylan to come her quick. He gets here within a flash.

‘’What’s he gonna do?’’ She laughs.

As we are by the exit, a crowed starts to gather around us. Students multiply in numbers.

I start to speak but I don’t get there in time. Miss Pateman had already pulled out a gun and aimed it at Dylan.

‘’Say that you didn’t do it or your future husband is dead.’’

The words dry up in my throat. I feel tears start to prickle in my eyes. I shake my head dramatically.

‘’I don’t mean any harm! Don’t touch him please!’’ I beg her.

‘’Murderer!’’ Miss Pateman shouts and shoots the gun. But not at Dylan.

At me.

~ Dylan’s Pov ~

Before I even realised what was happening, Miss Pateman shoots the gun at Cleo!