Introductory Author's Note

To those of you reading this,

Thank you for clicking on this book. I'm so glad you were intrigued enough by my blurb to read this. Alternately, if you're coming over for a read for read or a book club or something else, thank you for doing so!

This author's note serves no other purpose than to warn you of the content in this book.

This will follow my main character, Dr. Stella Montgomery (and she's very picky about that title), as she deals with her mental health. This includes severe past trauma that she is going to learn to deal with. Topics that will be touched on are on various levels are drug use, sexual abuse, child abuse, violence, eating disorders, suicide, suicidal thoughts and ideations, psychosis, and maybe a few other things that I can't think of off the top of my head.

If any of the above are triggering for you, then please do not read. If you came over for a read for read, only to read this and discover that you cannot handle the topic, I have a series of short stories that accompany this. It is considerably lighter, and anything that may have a trigger in it is labeled mature next to the title. It is an acceptable alternative for me, as I can take some of the feedback I receive over there and apply it to this.

There is a healthy dose of humor in this, as this needs to be balanced or else it's just too much darkness.

For those of you who haven't run away screaming, welcome! I hope you enjoy reading this as much as I'm enjoying writing it. I do update fairly regularly on Sundays. If I cannot update on Sunday then I post a note on my Wattpad page explaining why (so it's important to follow me for those updates).

I would also like to add that this story does not have a traditional plot. This is meant to follow Stella's life over the course of about nine months (I haven't quite decided on the timeline yet, I'm a bit of an organized pantser) that will force her to make a choice that she never thought that she would need to make. As Stella herself doesn't think she will ever have to make this choice, I won't make it a central conflict. Her personal goal is to finish her medical education. Mine is very different for her, and it will take a lot of nudging from yours truly to get her there. 

While there may appear to be many overdone tropes on the surface, I assure each and every one of you that there are very few things that are actually as they appear to be. Much of what I'm writing about is very complex and takes multiple chapters and events to bring out. And not everything that happens in this book will have a clear cut answer at the end because this is meant to be very realistic. As such, remember that perception is reality and everyone sees things differently. I've noticed that even though we see events through Stella's eyes, everyone interprets her actions and life events differently, and I suspect all of you will have different opinions on events that happen here which will drastically affect your opinion on all the characters. 

This is also very much a work in progress. I love constructive feedback of all sorts. Just because you see a comment mentioning something that I haven't corrected yet, doesn't mean I won't. My focus right now is on writing versus editing, but I do go back and do small edits (usually, sometimes I miss them here and there). Occasionally I do larger ones, usually when I've hit a bad bout of writer's block. As I value each and every comment I receive, I have a tendency to not delete anything because I love to reread what people have left me.

Thank you all! I hope to see your comments in my lovely little story here!

~Inkyys

P.S. Yes, I know I'm using a computer and I can just go back and add things, but I don't really want to right now. I wanna do this, so I'm doing it. 

As of January 5th, 2020 I'm working on some major edits. These edits are resulting in major changes to the timeline in this story. As such, I've put dates in the headers for anything new. If it does not have a date, then it's old. You are welcome to read the old stuff, but there may be some weird skips between old and new until I'm done editing. I don't plan on changing a lot of the old stuff too much, but we'll see what happens there. 

Also, both because I am incredibly lazy and I love rereading old comments, I'm not deleting any old comments on edited chapters regardless of whether or not they're relevant.