16. First Kiss🦋

"I will drive you home." After breakfast Ron got up from his pushed chair under the table . "I am free right now anyway."

"Oh no, you don't have to," I also got up. "I brought my car last night, remember." I tried to make him remember about my car.

"But can you drive?" He asked me with a concerned face. "How is your hangover?"

"Hey, I am absolutely fine. No need to worry." I gave him a reassuring smile. "And of course I can drive."

"Fine, then." He took his phone and led me the way. "Let me see you off in the elevator." He started to walk. I picked up my phone and followed him.

He pressed the elevator button and those heavy metal doors slid open. I got in that private elevator and looked at him.

"I will see you later." He smiled tenderly at me.

"Yeah, later." I smiled back and pressed the 'U' button to the underground parking lot.

The elevator arrived in the underground parking area, and I scrambled out as soon as the heavy metal doors slid open. I didn't have to search much because my worn-out car stood out among those super expensive cars. I climbed in and started the engine and soon hit the road. As I drove the car, I slowly began to feel foolish and embarrassed as I replayed the words Ron said about my doing the other night. I shuddered. I couldn't believe I did all those things. I gently rubbed my face and secretly thanked god that I didn't strip or something else.

I didn't, right?

Okay, let's just forget about that. To cheer myself up I switched on the stereo and turned the volume up loud. I sat back and listened absentmindedly to the thumping Pit bull's 'Hey baby' as I pressed down on the accelerator.

"Welcome back." Mom greeted me as soon as I entered the house. I was planning to tiptoe to my room silently. But I guessed, I failed. Everyone was sitting comfortably around the dining table, enjoying their warm breakfast.

"Good morning." I greeted them sheepishly as I carefully walked towards them.

"We were so worried, you should have informed us if you are going to stay the night out." Mom gently advised me with a calm tone while sipping her coffee.

I blinked.

That was not the possible reaction I was expecting exactly. I thought she was going to slice me into pieces.

"You are not angry?" I asked her very carefully and...surprised.

"What? No, of course not." Mom looked at me casually. "You are an adult now. But Just inform us beforehand, in case, you know." She smiled fondly.

"So, lucky." Arthur murmured bitterly under his lips.

"Come, and have some breakfast," Dad told me and Mom intended to get up to get me some breakfast. I promptly checked the time on my mobile.

"I already had," I told them as I rushed upstairs hurriedly. "I am soooo late for my work. I have to run." I shouted when I was in the middle of those stairs. "See you later guys."

I hastily changed my clothes and put on whatever came to my hand first. I rushed downstairs, quickly bid them goodbye, then ran out from the house. Even though my mom let me off easily, I had a feeling that my manager would surely slice me into pieces.

*********

"Oh my god, Liza you are alive," My manager Mr. Scott told me with a mockingly happy tone. "I thought you were dead."

"I am soooo sorry." I instantly gave him my best puppy eyes.

"You think I will let you go with just a simple apology." He crossed his arms over his chest.