17. Shadow🦋

Brant pulled back after giving me some light pecks on my lips. I would have collapsed on the ground, because I couldn't feel my legs right at that precious moment. But thank god he carefully wrapped his hand around my waist tightly beforehand. My cheeks felt so hot that I had to place my palms to cover them. Brant leaned down again and affectionately touched my forehead with his.

"I am so happy right now, I don't even know how to describe it." He told me happily as he caressed my cheek with his thumb. "What about you?" He whispered passionately.

"Me too," I whispered back softly.

He chuckled delightedly and gently rubbed his nose with mine. We were completely lost in our fascinating world. Everything around me suddenly started to feel so beautiful, fluffy and sparkle. Was that how you felt when you fell in love with someone?

Ring...Ring...Ring

The little pink bubbles, filled with love-air, which were floating around us happily, suddenly popped up when Brant's phone started to ring loudly.

"Tsk!" He clicked his tongue and fished out his phone from his pocket. "Who might be disturbing us now!"

When he saw the caller ID, his eyes widened.

"Oh shit!" He cursed under his breath. He pressed the answer button and nervously put it on his ear.

"Hello." He smiled awkwardly as if whoever the other person was could see his smile from the other side.

"BRANT!!!" The person, who was on the other side of the phone, shouted so loudly that I could also overhear everything very clearly. Brant had to pull back his hand to make some distance between his ear and the phone.

"Y...yes, coach." He stammered nervously and stole some glances at me. I just stared at him.

"I DON'T CARE WHERE YOU ARE! JUST BRING YOUR ASS HERE, RIGHT NOW!" The coach was still shouting his lungs out through the phone.

"Yes, coach." He murmured his answer with a fearful expression..

"Unbelievable." His coach hung up the call.

Brant put back his phone in his pocket and pressed his nose bridge very hard while closing his eyes .

"What happened?" I asked him carefully. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"I just fled without telling anyone anything, so my coach is kind of pissed off right now on me." He chuckled slyly. "Without me they can't start the game."

I blinked a few times.

Suddenly I remembered that he had a match, and he was standing there with me, instead of the field. I quickly gripped his hand and led him to his bike. He looked at me confused.

"Quickly, drive back to college, I will follow you," I notified him as I helped him to put his helmet on.

"You are coming?!" He asked me with a surprised face as he put on his black helmet and opened the face shield.

"Of course!" I gave him a "duh" look.

"I want to cheer for my boyfriend, you know." I shyly averted my eyes from his stare and glanced the other direction with heated cheeks.

I GOT MYSELF A BOYFRIEND!!

A BOYFRIEND!

B.O.Y.F.R.I.E.N.D.

A real one!

I was actually dancing inside of my head and yelling happily. I giggled gleefully at my own thoughts.