41. Damn Heart🦋

I slowly started to believe that I was actually in paradise. I have had never, in my life, imagined I would spend time somewhere like that. Every morning I woke up to the sound of the sea wave breaking gently on the shore, unfamiliar birds calling to each other from the trees.

I gazed up at the ceiling, watching the sunlight make beautiful patterns between the leaves. I woke up and dressed in sarongs and swimsuits. Enjoying the feeling of the warm sun on my skin and hair.

I could smell warmness around me. My pale skin grew freckled, my nails bleached, and I began to get rare happiness from the simple everything from there. Like walking on the beach, eating fresh and unfamiliar foods. Drinking fresh coconut water. Swimming in warm, clear water where colourful fishes shyly touched me or watching the fiery red sun sink into the blue horizon. Slowly the past few weeks began to slip away. To my shame, I hardly miss my family.

But we can't stay there forever, no matter how beautiful that was. I only had a few months before the exam. And I had so much to catch up. Last two months my life has been on a roller coaster. I couldn't concentrate on studying. I had lots to do.

"How long are we going to stay here?" I asked Ron attentively while eating our breakfast, pork dumplings and clear chicken meatball soup.

"Why?" Ron looked surprised.

"What do you mean by, why?" I looked at him with a more surprised expression. "We can't stay here forever. You have a job to do and in case you forgot I am still a college student. I have exams to take."

"Right." Ron nodded his head understandingly. "So, when do you want to return?"

"Tomorrow," I said promptly. "And we need to do some shopping on the mainland before heading to the airport.

"Fine with me." Ron agreed.

**********

After settling on the plane, I double-checked the gifts I bought for everyone. After checking everything I scrambled the receipts and about to throw them.

"Wait!" Ron stopped me quickly. "Don't throw them away. Give them to me."

I handed over those receipts to him with a questioning look. He took them and smoothed them flat on his thigh.

"What are you doing?" I asked him curiously. Is he up to making them into origami?!

Ron looked at me with a little shy expression. "My grandfather used to tell me that we should always keep every piece of paper. We don't know when we might need them."

"So, you always keep them?" I asked curiously. "Even KFC and McDonald's?"

"Even KFC and McDonald's." He confirmed.

"You are weird." I stared at him. Ron scratched the non-scratchy backside of his head. "But I like that." I added with a small smile on my lips. He smiled shyly.

*********

Lucy sent a luxury car with a driver to pick us up. And if I was not mistaken, it was a Limo. The inside of the Limo was spacious and luxurious. I never saw a Limo outside of the TV and then I was riding one. Soon we pulled up to Ron's penthouse in no time. Ryder and Ian both climbed out quickly and opened the door for us dutifully.

We climbed up a few stairs to the entrance of that glass-covered high building. There were five private security guards at the main entrance with uniforms.