Chapter 15.1 : <Explanation.>

Axis and Axylia burst out of the forest, shortly followed by Reina.

The twins threw themselves onto the damp soil, while Reina fell backward, planting her hands into the ground.

"""Phew..."""

They panted for air, fatigued from the run.

{Reina}
"W-Well... Now that we've escaped, let's go report this to the-"

{Axylia}
"Cut the crap, Reina."

Reina looked at Axylia, bewildered.

{Axylia}
"Your Raven... No, that thing... Do you have any idea what they are?"

Axylia, pushed herself from the ground and stood up, standing over Reina.

{Reina}
"I-I uh... I know he's a Wraith... And some people came after him earlier..."

{Axylia}
"And do you know why he was targeted?"

Reina's mouth trembled.

{Reina}
"... No..."

{Axylia}
"Well... let me tell you why. A few days ago, a Porter came rushing into the Adventurer's Guild.
He was visibly shaken, and his eyes were telling us something very urgent just happened.
The party who we knew he worked with... Had been massacred."

Reina silently stared at her.

{Axylia}
"He was working with C-Rank Adventurers, Reina. C-Rank.
And you know what he told the Receptionist?
They were killed in the single slice of a blade.
Every.
Single.
One."

Axis shut his lips, feeling the intensity of the conversation.

{Axylia}
"And I'm sure you know where this is going, right? That Porter specifically said he saw a 'figure formed of pitch black mist, carrying a Scythe.'
Fast forward a day, the Guild-Master himself put up a subjugation Request, specifically for 5 B-Ranks and a single A-Rank to subjugate A 'pitch black Wraith'.
And that Wraith, on the next day, was announced to have also massacred that party. They had a rookie and nasty A-Rank, but they were still an A-Rank."

{Reina}
"...I-"

{Axylia}
"And on the same day, your little friend earned himself a title... 'The Black Mist'.
... And some people have started to nickname him 'The Reaper' as well.
You have some explaining to do, Reina. Then we can go report that Goblin Village. "

Axylia glared right into Reina's eyes, and Reina looked away.

{Reina}
"... I know what he's done. I witnessed him kill that A-Rank's party single handedly."

{Axylia}
"Then why are you still-"

{Reina}
"Because he's not a bad person."

{Axylia}
"... And how can you be so sure?"

Reina looked right back at Axylia, with the glint of truth in her eye.

{Reina}
"When I first met him, I was being used by a Gang.
I was 'escorted' into a Dungeon by 2 Thugs.
I couldn't do anything against them, even if they were weaker than me. Their boss is a former S-Rank, after all...
I guess he sent an Illusion of an Orc or something, and the Thugs behind me told me to attack... So I did.
And Drakka... He killed them.
It was so fast, that I couldnt even react. His movements were almost elegant, but they were dead in a single fluid motion.
H-He was about to kill me right after... B-But..."

{Axylia}
"... So his name is Drakka... But what happened next?"

Reina looked at the ground, blushing at the thought of what happened next.

{Reina}
"N-Nevermind!
... H-He killed a few monsters after that, and did some weird thing with the Cores... There was a weird smoke and he ate it! Can you believe how I felt when the Cores crumbled into nothing? They are worth a lot, you know!
... So he helped me by letting me do the finishing blow and he let me keep the Cores... He saved me from that A-Rank as well..."

{Axylia}
"Alright, I've heard enough. I think I can piece together what happens next. But what really makes me curious is what happened after he almost killed y-"

{Reina}
"H-Hahaha... We should go report the Goblin Village to the Guild now..."

{Axylia}
"Reina.... Don't avoid the topic and-"

{Reina}
"G-Gotta hurry!"

Reina took off onto the dirt path, eyes shut and blushing intensely.

{Axis}
"But I wanted to know too..."

~~~~~~~~

Heyo, David from the future here.

Decided not to change anything, thanks for reading!