Chapter 10

It was only three hours after Naruto had fallen asleep before he woke up. He stared blankly at the dark ceiling before crawling out of the bed. Loki looked up and Naruto put a finger to his lips for silence. The fox seemed to nod before laying his head back down. Naruto nodded before slipping out of the room and walked quietly to the kitchen. He didn't know what woke him up, but he was up now.

He passed Deidara's room, which was sound proof since he had a habit of causing small explosions in his sleep.

Kakuzu's room was next to Deidara's and Naruto could hear the stringed man snoring rather loudly and he silently snickered.

Sasori's room was next, however his door was open with light cascading into the hall and Naruto peeked through the crack to see Sasori muttering and mixing more poisons. Naruto smiled as a memory popped into his mind. When he had first met Sasori, he had offered to test what Sasori's poisons do since Kurama would heal him if anything went wrong. Nagato and Konan were so mad at Sasori that Sasori stayed in his Hiruko puppet for two months. Naruto had felt so bad about it that he had made 100 poisons with varying effects and gave them all to Sasori as well as the formulas for them. Naruto shook his head and continued past his door, making sure to be extra silent. Eventually he made it to the kitchen and got a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream on top.

"I thought you were asleep?" Nagato's voice sounded from behind him, making him jump. Naruto turned around, scratching his head in embarrassment.

"Yeah. I was, but I don't know what woke me up. I wanted some hot chocolate. Why are you up?" Naruto asked curiously.

"No reason." Nagato smiled as Naruto led the way to a table.

Naruto was silent as he sipped his drink and stared at Nagato, who stared back at him, neither of them blinking. Finally, Nagato blinked. "Hah! I win!" Naruto laughed softly. Nagato shook his head at the child's antics. "Ne, Nagato?" Naruto said after a moment.

"Hm?" He hummed in response.

"Can we rebuild Uzushio and live there?" Naruto asked slowly as he put his mug down.

"Why?" Nagato asked, wondering what brought up the question.

"In the Land of Waves, Sasuke and I were training, and when we stepped onto the water that connected to the ocean, a water crown appeared around my head, which means that I am the rightful heir to Uzushiogakure. As my right, I should be their to rule my mother's homeland, right?" Naruto asked. He wanted to rebuild the mighty Uzushio to what it once was. He wanted to know everything about the place. All the seals, jutsus, clans. Everything. Heck, he even wanted to play in the whirlpools that protected the island.

"It has been a while since I have been to our homeland. It would be nice to go back again, Uzukage-sama." Nagato teased. "Actually, there is a river outside that connects to Uzu's waters. I want to see your water crown. It is said to be different from ruler to ruler." Naruto smiled and put his mug of finished hot chocolate down and stood up to follow Nagato to the river. The river was one hundred feet away from the base and it didn't take long to get to it. "This is Eddie River." Nagato said, and motioned for Naruto to stand on it and he did. As soon as Naruto's feet touched the swift water, it calmed for him and a water crown appeared around Naruto's head.

"This actually tickles a little." Naruto giggled as the water of the crown swirled messing with his hair.

"I was right! It is different from the one that Kushina had! Yours is a thin golden band, about an inch tall with a hole in the center filled with red chakra! Kushina's had a tiara but it had three holes in it. One also had red chakra, one had her blue chakra, and the last one had Minato's yellow chakra. However her crown was fashioned like a battle crown that royalty wear into battle." Nagato said in awe. "Any siblings that are not recognized as the heir to the island get arm bands that go around their upper arms." Nagato said, stepping onto the water and showing the arm band to Naruto. Naruto poked it and it popped, but almost instantly reformed. The arm band was four inches tall and had intricate swirling designs on it. Naruto suddenly felt like playing. He added extra chakra that rocketed him fifteen feet into the air, taking a wave of water with him and dowsing Nagato. Naruto laughed as Nagato gasped in mock anger. "How dare you? You shall pay for that!" Nagato did the same as Naruto and tried to dowse him. Naruto released the chakra from his feet and slipped under the water as the wave washed over the spot of where he was. Nagato landed on the water again, only to find his ankles grabbed and he was pulled under the water. Naruto rocketed out of the water again. The two played around like that until the other Akatsuki members woke up to the muffled shouts of laughter from outside and seen Naruto and Nagato laying flat on their backs on the river laughing and talking.

"Uzushio! Here we come!" Naruto shouted pointing at the sky, before becoming lost in his fits of laughter.

"Yes Uzukage-sama! Here we come!" Nagato laughed also pointing at the sky, showing off his royal armband to the other Akatsuki. They won't admit it, but it was so cute!

I hope you liked this chapter. I know I did. Imagining it was so cute I almost squealed! Feel free to comment!