Chapter 20

The Uzukage's voice came from behind them, as cold as ice. "I would like to know that as well."

Everyone jumped at the sound of his voice and turned around. Behind them stood the Uzukage, three of his Akatsuki escorts, and the two people in silver cloaks. Loki was there as well and Shikamaru eyed the black fox with a calculating gaze. He turned to look at Sakura, who was getting her arms bandaged. "Was this the fox that attacked you?" If it was, that could start a war between the two villages, Shikamaru thought to himself.

Sakura's pink hair whipped around her as she frantically shook her head no. "It was a red fox with black paws."

"I wish I had attacked her though." Loki turned his head away from the group and sat down.

"Shut up Loki." Naruto lightly smacked Loki's head and his ears flattened. The blonde Uzukage looked pointedly at the medics helping Sakura while Krul had a pool of blood growing larger underneath her feet. "Loki help Krul please since Konoha doesn't seem to be capable of doing it."

Marin gently grabbed her cousin and met Loki halfway. Loki sniffed the wounds before using his tongue and giving the arm strong licks. In seconds, the wounds had healed, not even leaving a scar. "Thank you Loki." Krul smiled and hugged the fox who wagged his three tails happily.

"No problem kit. Good job." Loki replied.

Naruto rolled his eyes. "Wolf, take you team to the hotel. You too, Akasuna." Sasuke and Sasori gathered their teams and shunshined to the hotel. "Now why was a member of one of my teams injured?"

'Let Itachi and Tobi kill them.' Kurama suggested.

'Not right now Kurama. I am having a lot of fun messing with them.' Naruto smirked mentally, remembering the torture ideas the readers thought of.

'What readers?' Kurama asked, confused.

'Don't worry about it.'

"A group of foxes attacked them-" Shikamaru started to explain.

Naruto interrupted him. "A leash." He corrected.

"What?" Shikamaru frowned.

Gaara snickered before explaining. "A group of foxes is called a leash."

"How many leashes do we have in Uzushio?" Tobi asked Itachi curiously.

Itachi thought for a moment. "As far as I know, we have two leashes on the island."

"Maybe Uzukage-sama needs to be put on a leash." Gaara snickered again at his joke. Loki grinned, revealing his sharp teeth and Naruto rolled his eyes at his boyfriends antics.

"Anyway, a 'leash' of foxes attacked them. One dragged Krul away and another lunged at Yukio before Sakura pushed him out of the way resulting in her getting mauled by said fox. She took the boys and rushed here to get her arms treated and my group found Krul, bleeding in the streets. She was bleeding badly and she said that she was left behind so we rushed her here." Shikamaru explained, learning against the wall with an outwardly lazy manner as he studied the Uzukage's reaction to the news. "Troublesome."

Killing intent oozed from the Uzushio ninja's. "And she wasn't treated when she got here? What if the fox had rabies, or somehow managed to poison her?" Gaara glared at them, his sea foam green eyes promising murder.

"If she had died, I would have this village leveled in an instant before anyone could say 'fox'." Naruto said calmly.

"Was that a threat?" Sakura asked weakly.

"No. It was a promise." Naruto said coldly before they turned and walked out the door.

"You are an absolute dumbass. Not everything is about you. You know how much this alliance with Uzushio would benefit us and you just put the negotiations at risk because of it." Shikamaru glared at the pinkette who started sobbing.

"I'm sorry! My arms were hurting so bad and I felt that my needs came first before some foreign ninja's!" She whined pitifully.

Shikamaru stared at her in disgust. "Oh boohoo. You need to grow up. You are sixteen years old and you need to act like it. If you don't change, no one will help you and you will be killed. It's no wonder Sasuke walked to leave the village with Naruto. He probably wanted to get away from you." He spat, walking away.