32|Strangers

"Y/N, it's good to have you back, it's so different without you." Minho said as he pulled you into a tight hug, as you buried your head in his chest.

Each of the members took their turns to welcome you back and tell you how much they missed you.

"So how are you doing?" Hyunjin asked once everyone had gone back to their own thing, the moment he said, it memories from the past weeks flashed by.

"I-I've been a-alright, I guess." You said quietly, choking back your tears that were threatening to fall.

"Come on Y/N, don't lie. We know you haven't been the best, we're all concerned for you." He spoke even softer, cutting to the chase, not skirting around the questions.

"I-I, I can't, sorry." You said as his words threw you over the edge, tears now streaming down your face as you ran to your room.

As if on cue, being the worst timing, as you were a few steps away from your door, the one opposite your started to open, the tears in your eyes falling faster than before.

You tried your hardest to run faster before he would be able to reveal himself, but as you got to your door, your eyes connected. His eyes were red and puffy most probably due to crying, similarly, yours were red and wet with tears.

Both of your hands lingered on the door handles for a second, neither having the ability to pull away.

You missed him so much, you missed the warmth of his hugs, the butterflies you would get when he treated you like the only person there, you missed everything about him, wanting to just run into his arms and be protected from the world.

Not being able to hold back any longer, you broke down and slid to the floor, your body feeling too weak to move.

After considering it for a while Chan stepped over to you, unsure if he was overstepping the boundaries, but doing so anyway.

You heard his movements shuffling around close to you, then heard a soft thud next to you, still at a distance though.

You were scared to look back up, in fear of your emotions taking over, more than they already had.

"I am so sorry Y/N, I wish I could explain it to you easily, I'm so sorry." He tried to speak, but got choked up by his tears.

You were hesitant, but moved your head up, seeing him staring at the opposite wall, his eyes filled with sadness. He looked so small, like even a feather could break him, all you could do was let more tears stream down your face and let out a soft whimper.

He heard it and turned his head towards you.

"Y/N,..." He started to speak, but was cut off by you shuffling closer, silently asking for comfort and a hug.

As if he was unsure and uncertain that you did want the contact, he slowly moved his arm and placed it around your shoulders, pulling you closer to him.

"I'm sorry too, I just needed some time but I'm ready to listen." You rasped, your voice hoarse from crying.

He slowly stood up and held your hand to help you up.

Once you were back on your feet, he wrapped his arms around you, enveloping you in his warmth.

To his actions, you couldn't help but sob into his chest. The large gaping hole in your chest leaving you cold and miserable, slowly mending itself.

"I've missed you so much." You said quietly, pulling your head back to look at him.

He looked down to you, giving a small smile, before speaking.

"I've missed you too." He said as he held you tighter than before.

(word count/638)