006

FRIDAY EVENING. Your mom sips her coffee. She scrunches her nose, over the past weeks she had increased her caffeine intake. She sighs, wondering where you were off to again. Her fingers tucking her soft curls behind her ear, she rubs her forehead slightly to ease her headache.

She knew you weren't okay, when she would bring your mental health into the conversation you would storm upstairs and shut the door, not talking to her for a few hours. She was overworking, she decided to take a day off and rest for a while. Your mother, Dr. Patel, was one of the finest doctors in the Seoul hospital. A nutritionist - who looked after her patients' health - wasn't able to look after her eldest daughter's health. You skipped meals, thinking your mom wouldn't notice but she did.

You thought she didn't notice you drifting off to thoughts in the middle of the conversations, but she did. She is always mad at you for hiding your emotions from her, but she is guilty of it too. You, as a family, were hiding things from each other. Especially you and your mother, you were drifting apart from her and she had to do something about it.

_

The moonchild and the lost soul meet, they have a lot in common, yet they react so differently. The moonchild eyes for the future, making his days better with hopes and positivity. But the lost soul, the lost soul thinks about the past, asking where she went wrong, blaming herself. Thus, the moonchild decides to reach out for her, telling her it's okay to be lost and look at the light. The light which is shining bright ahead of her.

He hears soft sobs coming from a section of the library, he was looking for his favourite book, he found you hugging yourself and crying as you stared into space. You wipe your cheeks with your wrists, hoping no one would hear. This is the second time he has found you like this. Crying, vulnerable. He wanted to ask you the day before, but he feared accusation of him being a stalker. His heart would hurt when he sees anyone crying, because moonchild had this ability to feel what others felt. Especially sadness. Sadness he would feel a lot. Your eyes fall on him when you find him standing there. You wait for him to speak, but he never does. He simply stares at you and then later pretends to search for a book, then acts to have found the one he wanted to read and sits at the table, his back facing you. You smile a little at his gesture. He wanted to ask you why you were crying, but he understood you would be embarassed about him seeing you cry. Moonchild always understands.

You wipe your cheeks again, sighing you sit at the table he was sitting at. Wiping your nose with your sleeve, you start, "I'm sorry.." your voice as soft as a feather, "..that you had to see that."

He shrugs, before turning a page of the book, "I didn't see anything," his voice in a hushed tone just above a whisper. You bite your lip to stifle your short laughter. He had his book upside down. You turn it up leaning towards him, "Oh.." he says, his cheeks a faint crimson red. You cover your mouth with your palm, shutting your eyes to not laugh loud enough, you let out a genuine laugh. He had a smile plastered on his face, a smile which could melt the toughest heart into a puddle. His cheeks forming a dimple, and his eyes turning into moon crescents and the corner of his eyes crinkling. Moonchild was happy, because he had seen the lost soul smiling for the first time.

word count : 634