009

LITTLE NAMJOON RAN. His little heart was excited to show his mother his award for best poetry. He hugged his Mom. "Eomma, look! I got the first prize for poetry!"

"Oh, I'm so proud of you, Namjoonie~" she hugs him, kissing his cheek and then his forehead. His little hands embracing his mother. He pulls away from the hug.

"One day I'm going to make you more proud with my writing!"

His mother laughed at his innocence, hugging him again.

_

11 year old Namjoon wrote about many things. He wrote about the birds. The trees. He wrote about the sea animals, especially the crabs. He even thought of adopting a crab, but his mother didn't allow him. He had frowned and wrote a whole short story on how crabs were his favourite animal and they weren't meant to be eaten.

He cried when he came to know that animals are killed so that humans could eat them. He never touched meat ever since then.

Moonchild has been soft at heart since he was a child.

_

14 year old Namjoon had ranked first in a national algebra quiz, he had made his parents, relatives and his town proud. Everyone in his town recognized him because of his achievement, he was proud too.

But that very day, moonchild realized something special. He went home that day, and stared at his books which had poetry and essays, his short stories and these quotes he had written to himself. A melancholic smile was on his face as he read them, he had forgotten about his poetry in the midst of his studies. Writing was something he loved. Writing was something he couldn't give up. Writing was what defined him.
Nothing could be compared to the joy he receives from writing.

Moonchild starts to write again.

Moonchild writes so excellently,

Moonchild expresses so beautifully!

_

Moonchild cries. Tears streaming down from his eyes. 17 year old Namjoon staring his angry mother who wouldn't let him write anymore. His angry father who didn't want him to make songs. Moonchild wipes his tears away, he begs them to give him a chance. Moonchild cries more. His mother softens, moonchild's mother couldn't see her son cry. She furrows her eyebrows and then stares at his father, who is also staring at her. Moonchild's parents nod at each other, though hesitant, and then stare at him.

Moonchild smiles.

Moonchild can make songs again.

Moonchild can write again.

_

Namjoon and you are in the bus. He says you will love this place. He had this glint in his eyes when he spoke. When they reached the place, the rays of the Sun blinded you, but the two of you were seated under the shade of the building to protect yourself from the rays.

Moonchild was sad, he was 18 and thought of going back to his town to continue studying. But Moonchild sat in this place and thought about it. The wind blowing there had said to not give up on his dreams, the trees there whispered everything would be okay.

You stare at him, Moonchild has been hurt a lot. Moonchild gets to hear he is clumsy, he is good for nothing, he gets to hear that he is running away from responsibilities by chasing his dreams. But you know that Moonchild is nothing what people say. Moonchild has a kind heart, everyone just happens to not like him. They don't know him because only a few people can get close to a moonchild. Those lucky ones. You happen to be one of those lucky ones.

word count : 578