Chapter 19 - The Cherry On Top (Updated)

Day 5 Continued - 7 Tributes Remain

Kat's Point of View:

It's like I was dead, yet still alive, breathing slowly. The fire nearly killed me, and it definitely would have. I'm glad I made it atleast.

Being unconscious and aware of it at the same time is an odd thing to come by. I dreamt about being back in the cave. Claudius and Ivory were bundled up to each other in the corner of the rocky room. I flinch upon seeing the Raboot, recalling the nightmare from earlier that morning. It's most likely never going to fade from memory, and I'm never going to be able to look at Claudius differently again.

I turn my head to see a pink, vanilla Alcremie in the same cave as us, staring at the wall, probably thinking about something. The cave is as dark as usual, but Ivory's Light Screen makes everything visible again.

"You talk a lot when you're asleep." the Alcremie says randomly. I find it harder to breath all of a sudden, mostly because I can feel the burning in my lungs. Smoke and ash had caught me during the forest fire, and it's safe to say that I was badly wounded from it.

Alcremie stands up and walks towards me, holding out a hand for me to grab. I take it, and she pulls me to my feet. Being about a few dozen centimeters shorter than her, I look up at her and she looks down at me. Her expression matches a glare, mixed with deep thought and care. I have no clue why she is here, but now, I think she wants to help me.

"Who are you?" I ask the Alcremie. She says nothing, but takes my paw.

"Come with me."

I don't really have a choice, since she is able to practically drag me outside of the cave. In front of me, are black tainted trees with no branches, leaves, and lack of distinct features. Layers of ash cover the once green terrain. Grass and bushes and shrubs are no longer present. Few plants are still alive. I hang my jaw open, as I continue to gaze at what's left of the rain forest. I look up, to see a dark grey sky, filled with smoke. It blocks the sun from view. It's like a solar eclipse of fiery fumes.

The Alcremie turns me to look at her, and she puts a hand on my cheek. I realize how warm I still am after feeling how cold she is. I could be running a bad fever and have not even known it, or worse.

"You're still hot. Here, eat this," the Alcremie says, handing me a blue, round yet triangular berry.

"A Rawst berry!" I exclaim, shoving it in my mouth. "How did you get it if everything was burnt down?" I ask with a mouth full of food.

"As I scowered for a safe place, I picked these up in a bush that hadn't been burnt down yet during the fire. Pretty convenient if you ask me. I've cured about two of my own burns so far these games with these things."

"But I'm a fire type. How would it affect me?" I ask.

"I just assumed it may lower your temperature. You weren't burnt, but your energy and pride was." Alcremie explains. I nod slowly. We both stare at the ruined forest around us, disbelief, and guilt fulfilling me. I don't know why, but I can't help but feel bad that the Alcremie had to help me rather than herself. Still, I'm indefinitely grateful for her.

"How many of us are left?"

The Alcremie turns to peer back to the cave, before looking at the forest, then back to me.

"Seven left. Me, you, the Charizard dude, the Bulbasaur siblings, and those two." Alcremie says, pointing to the cave that Claudius and Ivory were still fainted in.

"That fire must have really done a number on these Games." I say. Alcremie nods.

"Hey." The Alcremie starts. I turn to her, and see her holding out a hand for me to take.