Chapter 18

Alyssa's P. O. V

"You have to destroy the box, it's the source of the demon. She lives inside it, and if you don't get rid of it or destroy it, she'll possess your sister forever. And you have to show bravery, you mustn't be weak in front of her." Terra explained.

Suddenly, I found myself able to swim upwards. I got out of the lake and started inhaling deep breaths. After I got the suitable amount of oxygen into my lungs, I stood up and entered the house.

The house was deafeningly silent. The only sound I could hear was the faint voice of song Lover by Taylor Swift playing on. I felt terrifiedwalking in the hallway, my heartbeats accelerating, my breathing heavy.

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close?

Every step forward made me even more concerned and horrified.

Forever and ever

I overheard footsteps in the upper floor. I still tried to stay as brave as possible, remembering Terra's words.

And ah, take me out and take me home
You're my, my, my, my...

The lights go off. My heart almost stopped, my eyes widening in utter fear.

Lover.

The song stops playing and the silence scared me to death. I had the sudden urge to look above, I felt that there's something wrong above me, but I couldn't see anything else. It was too dark. A torch was thrown on the wooden floor. It rolled until it hit my feet slightly. I picked it up and kept going forward bravely, but suddenly I found liquid dropping on my hand, it was blood. I gasped and looked above me, what I saw there would scare me forever.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chelsea was clinging onto the ceiling like a monkey.

I screamed, about to run away but she jumped on me, lunging at me. She started whispering in my ear some things I didn't understand. I was somehow losing consciousness, I thought she was throwing a curse on me. But suddenly, I heard a voice.

"Leave her." I opened my eyes slightly and realized it was...

"Mom?"

"I told you not to mess with my daughters." Mom stated bravely. "And what do you want?"

"A soul." Chelsea growled, or I rather say whoever was inside her.

"Take mine, and leave my daughters alone." Mom said calmly. "We made a promise to stay peaceful, and never battle again. Didn't we?"

Chelsea didn't reply at first but then she said "No, I don't follow the rules."

Then she jumped off of me, crawling to somewhere else.

"Mom? Did you know that Chelsea was possessed? But why didn't you believe me?" I said, getting up. Mom knew Chelsea was possessed? Then why she didn't believe me when I told her about Chelsea's possession?

"I thought you were playing stupid games with us, I thought you were just trying to freak us out." Mom said regretfully.

"Then what's possessing Chelsea?" I asked her, hoping for a logical and truthful answer.

"I can't tell you." she replied, making me feel skeptical. Then she gave me this creepy grin, from ear to ear. No! This is completely insane. Wasn't mom just trying to tell me she believes in paranormal stuff? Perhaps mom is already possessed? I just can't understand anything. I just need anyone to explain everything to me, to tell me what's going on, to tell me what to do. But there's no one, even Terra is dead.

I think I'll have to do it myself. I'll have to uncover the mystery, all alone.

TO BE CONTINUED

HEY GUYS! I know this was an another boring and so short update but I just didn't want to explain everything yet. I want to explain it all in the next chapter like what I promised :)

So I hope you're enjoying the story,
Vote and comment,
& thank u 😊 💜