Chapter 7 - Let Loose

My stomach flipped as my eyes fluttered open, the thoughts of last night bombarding my mind immediately. Apparently I wasn't allowed to have a few seconds of peace. Ben's smile greeted me and the corners of my mouth turned up involuntarily. I shook my head and got out of bed, moving my legs as quickly as I could without seeming weird. I grabbed my phone and made a beeline for the bathroom.

"Was it really that bad?" Cami questioned as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom. She was leaning against the wall, arms folded as she scrutinised my every move.

I walked past her towards the living room. If she thought I was going to entertain that conversation while standing in the doorway, then, she had another thing coming. As soon as I sat on the sofa, I turned on the TV, flipping through the movie options. Cami dropped beside me, turning her entire body to face me.

"So..." She trailed off. Her tone laced with impatience. I rolled my eyes and kept my attention focused on the TV.

Shrugging in an attempt to seem nonchalant, I answered, "It was nice. I had a good time with him."

Cami's eyebrow shot up and her lips fell into a frown, "You have that look in your eyes. You're trying to play it off... I know you. Don't forget why you're doing this. He needs to feel the squeeze just like you did. Don't lose sight of that." She grabbed onto my hand and pleaded with me, eyes wide, to listen to her, "This is not a game."

I sighed, "It feels like a game. I'm playing with him and quite possibly his feelings," I knew that Camila had a very valid point. I wanted her to keep me in check. Her eyes searched mine, unrelenting. If I blinked too many times she would be on me like a hawk. "I haven't forgotten. Trust me, I'm over him and ready to do this."

"I'm always here if you need to talk. I don't want you to get hurt again, that's all. You know that right?"

She shifted around and leaned into me, wrapping her arm around my waist. I let out a breath and relaxed into her. My best friend was one of the most comforting people I knew. I nodded against her and hoped that she noticed. Her grip tightened and it was a beautiful moment until it wasn't. An obnoxious gurgling cut through the silence. I glanced down, feeling the betrayal set in.

Cami's cackle was infectious. My stomach protesting was a joke to her and I had to join in on it. She moved back and stared directly into my eyes, "Didn't he feed you?" She giggled and pushed herself up off the sofa.

As soon as Cami stepped into the kitchen, my phone rang. My lips twitched up at the name that lit up the screen; Amy.

"Hey, Baby Girl," I sang as I answered the call.

A soft giggle greeted me first, "Hey, Babe. How are you and Cami doing?"

"We're good. Cami's making breakfast right now... I think."

"How are you, Amy?" She asked aloud, hinting at my lack of manners, "I'm good, thanks for asking."

I shook my head and tucked my legs under my butt, "Sorry."

"Right, so we're going to a Blake's Bar tonight. Tell Cami that we're meeting at nine," She stated, leaving zero room for discussion. She always did this especially when it involved drinking. Every college party we went to, she was the ringleader, telling us when and where. She probably phrased it into a question two or three times in our entire time in college. "I told the others and they're down."

Of course the others were down, she wouldn't have accepted no for an answer. I didn't have plans anyway so it was an easy decision, "We'll be there."