Chapter 17 - Come Over

These last few weeks, I'd gotten so accustomed to seeing Ben that it felt strange walking into an empty home. No Cami, no Ben, just me. I didn't want to spend the rest of Christmas alone so I did a selfish thing and texted the guy I wanted to see. I had zero expectations of him showing up but at least the question was asked and the option was out there.

To my surprise, he texted back a few minutes later saying he was on his way and in no time I got the 'I'm outside' and heard a soft knock on the door. I practically sprinted to the sound and yanked the door open. Ben's smile was brighter than all the lights twinkling behind him.

"Merry Christmas, Baby." There was the pet name again. It didn't bother me though, quite the opposite. My stomach flipped and I couldn't shake the feeling to kiss him so instead of fighting it, I leaned into it.

I went up on my toes, wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my lips on his. It was a quick peck but it set my body alight, "Merry Christmas."

I stepped out of his embrace and was beginning to head back to the living room when he spoke behind me, "Pack a bag."

"What?" I spun around. The front door was closed and he was leaning against it, his eyes taking in my every move.

"Pack a bag. We're going to my place."

My arms folded across my chest, "What do you mean we're going to your place?"

He strolled over to me, wrapping his arms around my waist, "Please don't overthink this, Addi. I promise I won't try anything."

Ben didn't know how badly I wanted him to try something. I sighed and nodded. It was better than staying home alone. I backed out of his embrace then grabbed his arm and led him to my room. He was quiet the entire time I darted across my room, picking up everything I'd need for the night. I added extra clothes just in case.

Once my bag was packed and ready, Ben got up and slung it over his shoulder. "Are you ready?"

I nodded then looked down at myself. I was still wearing the clothes I had on for Christmas lunch so I opted to put on something more comfortable. Without a second thought, I tugged the dress over my head, revealing the black lace set I had purchased over a week ago. Ben blew out a breath, turning my attention to him. His stare was glued to my body and his tongue slowly slid across his bottom lip. His eyes took their time, trailing up my body until they met mine.

"Like what you see?" I half joked and turned around to give him a cheeky view.

"It's taking all my self control to keep my hands off of you."

I laughed and put on a pair of cotton shorts and a loose T-shirt, "Now, I'm ready."

Ben turned on his heels and walked out of the room. I followed closely behind him, picking up my phone charger in the process. I turned off all the lights as I passed through the house and locked the front door behind us

The drive was about half an hour and the further we got, the more my memories caught up with me. It was when we pulled up at a familiar house that it all clicked. It took way too long for me to put two and two together. In my defense, Ben's singing distracted me from the fact that we were heading towards the neighbourhood he lived in back when we were together.

I didn't understand why it shocked me so much that he still lived there. It was a nice neighbourhood and his home was amazing. Ben grabbed my bag from the backseat and the two of us took our time walking up to his home. He pulled out his keys, unlocked the door and let me walk in first.