Chapter 18 - Sealed With A Kiss

Cami and I decided on wearing dresses that were similar for Landon's New Year's Eve party. She opted for a silver, shimmering off the shoulder bodycon dress that came just below her butt while mine was a slinky silver number with a split running up my left thigh. The length was the same as Cami's and if the wind blew too strongly, the whole party would have a show.

We walked up to the open front door. This party was a lot bigger and more lively than the birthday party. Everyone had some sort of alcohol in their hands and I wanted to join in on the fun. The two of us strolled in and caught the eyes of a few guys that we passed. I smiled at most of them then found the drinks table. Cami handed me a cup and got one for herself and opened a bottle of rum. As she poured our drinks, I sent a quick text to Ben, letting him know I was here.

Ben: You're hard to miss in that sexy dress.

After reading the text, I looked around and saw Ben heading towards us, with Landon in tow. Landon's eyes were glued to Cami. my gaze went back to Ben and a grin crept onto my face as his eyes took their time running the length of my body.

"You look beautiful,"

I hugged him and whispered, just so only he could hear, "If I didn't know any better, I'd think you were trying to seduce me, Benjamin."

"Maybe I can't hold out any longer."

"About time."

Landon's face came into view, a goofy look on his face, "Am I going to have to endure this for the entire night?"

Ben shoved his arm, "Find a girl to keep you occupied."

The two of them shared a knowing look. My curiosity was drawing me in, pushing me to ask about it but it wasn't my concern. Landon and I weren't close anymore. We hadn't been for a long time.

The music thumped and a soca song came on. I turned around and pressed my back against Ben. his hands instinctively went to my hips. He already knew the situation. As soon as soca came on, it was all over. My hips swayed to the music and he fell into sync with me. If it was one thing I could say about Ben was that he had an incredible waistline.

Cami and Landon followed our lead and assumed the position. If our dresses weren't so short, I was sure that Cami and I would have moved and whined our hips a lot more. We wanted to keep it semi-classy at this party. If it was a different type of event, that rule would have been more of a guideline.

My best friend and I knew this song like the back of our hands. We went to countless parties where it was played and we mastered the movements. Our steps got more of a bounce when the beat dropped and our stance changed too, mirroring what the lyrics instructed us to do.

I felt Ben get excited behind me. He used to always love when I danced with him. He was one of the few guys that kept up with me in a setting like this.

A few more soca and dancehall songs played and our dances changed with them, matching the tempo of each new song. By the time, the music went to something for mellow, I was tired and craving a drink. Ben and I went to the table. Somehow we managed to drift pretty far away from it. He poured our drinks and we chatted for a bit.

Hannah, Shay and the guy from the last party showed up but there was no sign of Cami nor Landon. I didn't think too much of it though, as long as they were together, I wasn't stressed.

"You look great, Addi," Shay said while biting his lip. His eyes stopped and the hem of the dress and I posed, allowing the slit to separate.