The Goddess of Love is in the house (Part 2)

"Our chariot has arrived," Festos said. "Last one in doesn't get any say in the tunes." He scrambled inside, followed by Hannah and Theo.

I glanced up out of instinct, but the minions didn't make a move on us.

Kai pulled my hair to one side and traced his knuckle down my bare neck. Damn, that made me feel better.

"Stop head tripping me," I muttered, swatting his hand away. I could still feel the graze of his finger.

"Sophie, you and I are a head trip. I doubt even Aphrodite could undo that."

"Not fair. I can't remember," I protested.

"I'm not talking about Persephone."

And with that he tugged me into the limo.

Well.

I laid back against the pink, padded leather seats with their "new car" smell, Kai's arm possessively around me, listening to Hannah and Festos' banter. And as entertaining as it was to watch Theo and Festos deliberately avoid eye contact, I couldn't say the same for me and Kai.

Now that all my indignation had evaporated, I was at a bit of a loss on how to proceed in making him fall for me when even a love arrow hadn't worked.

I twisted around to face Kai, who drummed his fingers on his thigh, staring out the tinted window into the dark night. "Shouldn't you be composing odes to my beauty?"

He raked his gaze over me, making my stomach flutter. "You're wearing too many clothes."

"That's it? That's the big love ode?"

He shrugged. "I'm male. You're in a big coat. You were hoping for something else?"

Obviously. I shifted back on my seat, annoyed. "How about 'your lips are like strawberry-stained bows?'"

Kai considered my lips with a puzzled look. "So you're saying you want me to taste you?"

I shoved him away.

He pulled me back against him. "I was shot with an arrow, Sophie, not hit over the head. And little girls who can't deal with the follow-through should keep their mouths shut."

"I'll keep my mouth shut. But in my head, boy am I giving it to you, mister."

"And in your head, I'm definitely enjoying it," he replied blandly, totally twisting what I'd meant.

"Phrasing, Soph," Theo muttered.

"They're better than cable," Festos stage whispered.

"Wait till they really get going," Hannah replied. "It's hardcore."

"Voyeuristic pervs," said Theo. "Both of you."

It was a long ride.

Eventually, the limo pulled to a stop and the doors noiselessly swung open. We all scrambled out.

We were at an outdoor firing range, lit by strategically-placed banks of florescent lights. It was cold enough that the ground had frosted over, which meant that every footstep sounded crunchy. Had it not been overcast, I'm sure I would have been able to see my breath.

Theo put the chain back around a willing Kai's wrist to keep him in place as I moved forward to meet our hostess.

Just up ahead, a petite, curvy platinum blonde was poured into a skin-tight, hot pink leather catsuit. On her feet were impressively kick-ass matching boots, made even more awesome by their three inch stilettos. She even had matching ear protectors.