Ch. 2: Water Is Not Strong Enough

HALF MOON - A VAUSEMAN VALENTINE

Alex Vause meets Piper Chapman at New Moon Hot Yoga in NYC. Life goes on from there.

OR:

A very tall raven-haired girl, Alex Vause, walks down the street confidently in black patent pumps, skintight leather pants, and an all-black leather jacket. She has a low-cut black tank-top underneath the coat and a lacy black bra underneath it all. Her underwear? Also black, barely existing at all as the lacy thong outlines the curve of her ass. She struts with purpose towards the entrance to the studio. She is pretending to have been to this one before so she doesn't even bother reading the front display on the door, which cites New Moon Yoga by Piper Chapman and Polly Harper as "the Hottest yoga in town".

OR:

Hot Yoga is in Alex's future - She lost a bet. The raven-haired woman has no idea what is in store for her when she enters "New Moon Studio" - a preppy uptown gig run by a boisterous brunette, a jew-boy and owned by an enchanting Blonde woman. Rated E for EXPLICIT. F/F. Alex Vause/Piper Chapman. Orange Is The New Black. Fanfiction. Alternate Universe - Yoga. Romance. Humor. Slow Burn. Happy Ending.

Chapter 2: Water Is Not Strong Enough

"Hey, newbie" Piper called out to the annoying dropping doors guy, not skipping a beat. Caught by surprise the average - emphasis on average height brown-haired slightly Jewish looking mess clumsily twists around and walks up a bit too close to Piper. He grins almost widely and extends his hand in midair. "My name's Larry" he declares formally. He coughs. "Larry Bloom" he grabs Piper's hand as she has made only a half-hearted effort to extend her own. She grips his hand tightly, which takes him aback. The last thing he wants to do is show weakness towards this very athletic female who he knows can crush him in a second. Emphasis on Crush - which is what he is clearly experiencing right now. Piper doesn't really care to notice this though. She's already piling towels unto his arms and telling him to get them into storage.

In fact, Piper fails to notice Larry's longing gaze being held because she's already dropped it, instead, fixating on the tall woman - the Alex woman who has since emerged from the change room wearing a very low cut black tank top and impossibly short black bike shorts. They highlight her exposed tattoos all over her sleek body. Piper traces the outline of a certain salt-shaker (was it?) image imprinted on Alex's left shoulder so she barely hears him when Larry suddenly gets brave or something and stammers -

"Hey, Piper... S-so I'm writing a phone book and - could I get your number for it". The Blonde whips her head back towards the dude (who is currently looking down at his awkwardly oversized brown boots and shifting his weight in his toes, trying not to appear as nervous as he obviously is). "Hun, the city writes the phone book and they get paid well to do it. And I'm not so sure you can handle the competition". Piper looks at Larry again, with an expression of something like "I'm sorry... For you". Suddenly she feels a bit awkward and guilty about her newfound brazen confidence and bites her lip when she catches Larry's "rejected" expression. He gives her puppy dog eyes for an instant before the reality of what she had said fully sunk in. She thought he was going to sulk away, but Larry just stood there fixed in place for another moment, glancing up intensely.

Alex was currently filling up her bottle in the tall, cool urns of ice water over to the side of the room. She had not failed to notice poor Larry's failed attempts at banter and was frankly very very amused. She had her left eyebrow rising up in a smirk and a side smile creeping along her face. She was very tempted to take a look at Piper's current expression but didn't want to interrupt the train wreck that was most definitely occurring in the center of the room. So she continued to fill up that bottle as slowwwllllllllly as possible so she would have an excuse for knowing what she knew she was about to witness. She had felt piper's eyes on hers seconds earlier. It was a sort of sixth sense Alex had with women. It served her quite well in the ladies' department. That and her gaydar sense. She almost chuckled because the raven-haired girl most certainly knew before Larry (much to his dismay) that Piper was not straight in the slightest. And apparently Larry Still hadn't gotten the hint because he Piped up with...