[6] Visions

Ki was in some kind of tunnel, completely dark with constant but slow dripping sounds distant from were she was standing. The walls had graffiti all over it, one specific piece of art saying 'YOU'RE NEXT' but it didn't mean much to her. She took it as some kind of motivation.

She had not idea as to how she got there. There was no sign of the group. No one. It was only her, which made her feel more uncomfortable.

She was to afraid to speak, she didn't even want to her own voice echo back to her as the silence that would follow would be unsettling.

Ki walked forward, seeing the light from a street light shining on the pavement, at the end of the tunnel. It was far but not too far, the most important thing was getting to her friends.

After a few seconds, she heard some sounds. Unsure if she was hearing things, she dismissed it.

But she heard footsteps this time. Getting louder.

She prayed that it was someone she knew, but she was too afraid to turn back.

She picked up the pace a little, covering her mouth in fear.

Then there was silence.

She stopped in her tracks and breathed, believing that she must have been going crazy.

So she just continued walking.

Ki felt something wrapped its arm around her neck! It squeezed tightly and she coughed violently. She couldn't breathe at all. Tears streamed down her face. The strength was so much, too much, for the matter of fact, that she almost felt like she was losing herself-

                         ***

"Oh my God!" She cried out. She was in a bed, in the motel that they had dropped by yesterday. Roddy was sound asleep beside her and Ki remembered that Baby and Nicci were next door.

When she screamed, Roddy didn't wake up as she thought he would. Ki didn't want to make him feel bad for her.

The images of her dream kept showing up in her head. And the hand she saw made her shiver. Ki also thought about how she was lucky that she didn't actually die.

Ki turned when she heard a yawn. Roddy opened his eyes slightly and smiled at her.

"Wassup?" He asked swiping a thumb over her forehead.

"Nun, I'm fine, just chilling." She pulled a fake smile but Roddy could tell.

"What's up wit you, shawty?" Roddy said playfully.

"I'm fine." Ki repeated before kissing his forehead.

"Nah, nah, bitch don't kiss me. What's up, girl?" He joked as he tickled her, causing her to laugh hard.

"Okay! Okay! Stop please!"

When he stopped her face changed. "It sounds dumb but..." She looked at the window but he tapped her.

"Go on, I'm here for you, I don't care what."

Ki smiled weakly as she faced him again, but it changed in seconds.

"My dream... It... I got strangled by something..." She felt uncomfortable speaking, almost she wasn't allowed to say anything about it.

"What do you mean?" Roddy asked.

"I remember being in some and tunnel seeing some graffiti that said 'YOU'RE NEXT', hearing footsteps, then getting strangled..."

"Wait, what do you say before getting strangled?" He questioned her.