[7] Oblivion

"Bitch, I'll beat yo ass if you tryna scare me." Roddy chuckled.

She remained silent.

"Listen, I just wanna go home, okay? Ion know why the fuck we here or how any of this shit makes sense but I just wanna leave so don't make it more difficult," he said but she didn't even blink.

"For real, take the contacts out, nigga. Impressive."

Roddy rolled his eyes now because Ki still didn't move, blink or flinch at his sudden tone of voice. She just eyed him, then stood up and walked out.

"Ki. Ki, where is you goin'?" He said shaking his head.

Roddy got up and tried to catch up but she was nowhere to be seen. He went to DaBaby and Nicci next door, and they were talking about something that didn't matter to him at that moment.

"Y'all seen Ki-"

"We should be asking you," DaBaby interrupted as he cocked his head to the side, narrowing his eyes at Roddy.

"And... How come we been hearing some screaming next door?" Nicci rested her head in her hand. "Nigga you up to sum." She smirked before yawning slightly.

"Nosey ass," Roddy said.

"What, nigga?" She giggled. "Y'all so loud!"

"For real, Rodrick. Y'all asses need chill." DaBaby said biting into an apple.

"Fuck y'all." Roddy face palmed himself.

"But seriously, nigga, where Ki's ass at?"

DaBaby shrugged. "Ion nigga." He bit into the apple again. "She can't be too far. And besides, weren't yo asses together couple minutes ago?"

"Yeah, but she left."

"What even happened?" Nicci asked.

Roddy explained what happened, he spoke about the ache Ki was getting, how she opened her eyes and how they were entirely blacked-out and her silence.

DaBaby chuckled. "Okay, we've seen plenty shit, but that ain't real nigga."

"I know what I saw." Roddy said, and you could tell he was being serious.

"Alright, alright. If you say so. " DaBaby sighed.

"We need to find her, but we'll need to split," Nicci said.

"Yeah," Roddy nodded.

"I'll check the library, but I don't think she's there." Nicci clapped after yawning again.

"I finna go to the cafe." DaBaby said.

"Mm, because yo ass want some caffeine?" Nicci laughed.

"...No," DaBaby said, but he almost smiled.

"Y'all, it looks like I have to go to Daniel's." He sighed.

"Are you crazy? His ass won't left you in. And what if she isn't there at all? Why would Ki go to her ex?" Nicci bit her finger squinting a little at him.

"You say some questionable things."

"Nicci, Ion got no choice."

"Fasho. Not like-"

"Are we looking for Ki or nah, nigga?"

                         ***

They had split up and Nicci looked through the library and quietly asked if they had seen a girl with entirely black eyes. They of course said no and some even though she was mad.