[13] Bon Appétit

"What do you want, Nicci?" Ki folded her arms looking at her expectantly while Roddy put a hand on her shoulder.

"Two things. No, three." She said, looking past her at Roddy. "Why is he here? I'm not hating but I wanted to talk to just you."

"Let him-"

"Nah, it's aight. I just wait in my car... And I come if I hear screaming." He shrugged and laughed a little before turning to leave.

"I really do not want to talk to you right now," Ki sighed. "But, go on then."

"Well... Firstly, I wanna say sorry for acting like how I did before." She looked down at her feet and Ki hugged her with a weak smile. "That's okay!"

Nicci smiled back, but it faded when she spoke again.

"Ki, you were right..."

"What do you mean?" Ki looked at her with confusion written all over her face.

"About... DaBaby. And everything." She sat down, beckoning Ki to sit down and she patted the seat beside her.

She pulled out her phone and Ki sat next to her. "I have a contact in my phone named Baby but I don't got no man. So I texted it." She showed Ki the conversation.

ᴮᵃᵇʸ

ʷʰᵒ ᵈᶦˢ

ᴮᵃᵇʸ
ʷʰᵒ ᵃʳᵉ ʸᵒᵘˀ ᵃⁿᵈ ʰᵒʷ ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ᵐʸ ⁿᵘᵐᵇᵉʳˀ

ᶦᵐ ⁿᶦᶜᶜᶦ. ᵘʳ ᵃ ᶜᵒⁿᵗᵃᶜᵗ ˢᵃᵛᵉᵈ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵖʰᵒⁿᵉ. ⁿᵃᵐᵉᵈ ᵇᵃᵇʸ

ᴮᵃᵇʸ
ʰᵒˡ ᵘᵖ, ʸᵒᵘ ᶠʳᶦᵉⁿᵈˢ ʷᶦᵗʰ ᴷᶦˀ

ʸᵉᵃ, ᵘʳ ᴰᵃᴮᵃᵇʸᵎ

______________________________

"How is he on my phone as Baby? How is he even on my phone?"

So we forget everything, but our phones didn't. No wonder why Roddy could call me.

"Ki, you were right. We were together. But when?"

Ki chuckled. "Looong story."

***

Later, Ki and Roddy were in a restaurant just catching up. She wanted to try a crab dish but she didn't know if she'd like it.

"...Have you tried it before?" Ki asked. "Yea, when I was younger though. I don't like it, but its not bad I guess."

"Oh... Okay." She cut a little and picked it up with a fork then slowly moved it to her mouth.

"Just eat it." He took the fork out her hand and shoved it in her mouth. "Hey- Oh. It's not bad I guess."

She kept chewing, hovering her hand over her mouth. "It's nice!"

"See. I'll be back soon, hol up."

"Aight." Ki nodded and he got up to use the bathroom.

A minute passed, and Ki sat with her head in hands impatiently. A man who stood at about six foot came up to her with a strange look on his face.