12

𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

"Hey, look." I point to the water beneath our feet when I see our friend swim by. "Sheldon's out today."

Logan peers down into the water and smiles at the turtle, analyzing his little arms and legs push him through the lilly pads. "He knew I was coming." He smirks. "That's why."

"You?" I roll my eyes and jokingly flip my hair over my shoulder. "Yeah, right. He's all about me. I don't know what you're talking about."

The sun is beating down onto my back, the sweat beginning to trickle down my neck. I wipe it away and stare down into the pond. I seriously feel like going swimming, but after everything that happened a few days ago I just don't think it's really smart though. Getting half naked in front of someone that has feelings for you seems kind of shitty.

Logan's been so forgiving. I don't know what I did to have a friend like him in my life, but I'm so grateful. Even after I kissed him and messed with his head he just shrugged it off and we were back to being our normal, stupid selves.

"It's hot as hell." Logan squints his eyes into the sun that's just beginning to set and then looks down at the water again. It doesn't take more than five seconds before he stands up and strips down to his briefs. He sets his glasses down onto his pile of clothes before he jumps gracefully into the water, barely making a splash.

He comes up for air and shakes out the water from his hair. "You coming in, Garcia? It feels great."

I look at him smiling at me and stare down at what I'm wearing. I don't want to get undressed because I know he has feelings for me. He says that he wants me to forget he ever even said anything, but I can't. I don't want to tease him or lead him on anymore than I already have. Stripping down to a thong and push up bra doesn't exactly help matters.

"No, I'm fine with watching." I finally say.

He narrows his eyes at me and then rolls his eyes. "It's hot outside. I'm not going to be some creep that's going to stare at you. Just get in the water."

"I said I'm fine, Logan."

"Is this how it's going to be from now on?" He cocks his head to side, seeming slightly annoyed. He reminds me of how I was with Xavier the other night. "I don't want things to be so awkward between us. Just wear my t-shirt if you feel that uncomfortable."

I don't want to treat him like Xavier treats me. I don't want to push him away and have things get weird. I want us to be the same. If that means leading him on then so be it. He's wanting it, not me, and I don't want to lose him.

Standing up on the bridge, I usher for him to turn around and he smiles before he does what he's told. I grab his t-shirt and slip it over my body before I tell him it's okay to look. He tries to hold back the expression on his face when he sees me in just his t-shirt. I know he's into me, but I push those feelings of guilt aside and gently let myself down into the water.

It feels so good compared to how hot it was. It's the beginning of October in Florida, and you'd think that it'd be cold, but it isn't. It's still almost 90 degrees outside.

"Happy?" I laugh.

He nods. "Very much so."

I stare at him and try to figure out all of these feelings going on inside of me. I'm attracted to Logan. There's no doubt about that. He's so sweet, and he's so nice, and he's so into me. I feel like I'm so stupid for not wanting something with him. He's stuck by me even with all of my mental breakdowns. There's just something that keeps holding me back. That something being Xavier.