19

I'm not sure why I agreed to coming to this party. Maybe it's because I thought this one would be different, but I know the truth is because I knew Xavier would be here. He wanted me to come with him, and I didn't have the heart to say no.

Now that I'm looking around at the crowded house, I'm really starting to regret my decision. There's too much smoke in here, and there are way too many freshman boys trying to find a girl to hookup with for the night. Thankfully I haven't seen Eric either. I'm hoping that I can make it at least a few hours without running into him.

Xavier has been glued to my side since we got here though, so that's the only upside to all of this. He looks so good tonight wearing a light pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and that silver chain around his neck. It's his signature look, and I'm still trying to grasp the fact that I'm the girl he wants. I don't know how I got so lucky.

He wraps one arm around my waist as Dion takes a shot and passes one to Amelia. He knows better than to offer one to either of us. Amelia winces as the liquor travels down her throat, shaking her head quickly from the feeling. "Fuck." She groans. "That shit is strong."

I raise my eyebrows up towards Amelia because it's very rare for her to ever cuss or swear. Dion really must be having an effect on her. It's good to see her so carefree.

"Have I mentioned how fucking good you look?" Xavier whispers into my ear. He glances down to the hot pink dress that's glued to my body and tugs me a little bit closer to him so that my arms go around his neck.

The music is blaring into my ears, so I have to shout over it. "Thank you." I grin, twirling my fingers around his chain. His eyes darken at the sight of it as I pull the chain to make him lean closer to me, pressing my lips against his.

He sets his water down onto the table beside him so that both arms can grasp my backside. As soon as he moans into me though I pull away to calm myself down. I'm not trying to start something again when we just had sex last night. We have to take things slow.

"Get a room." Dion laughs when Amelia swats him in the chest. "What? They're being disgusting."

I'm about to respond to them until I see Sabrina walking towards us. She's got the skimpiest skirt on that hardly covers her ass, and her shirt is so low-cut that you can see everything. I want to say she looks ugly, but unfortunately I can't. There are tons of guys that follow her every move as she approaches us. I hold back an eye roll.

"Xavier." She smiles, placing a hand on his arm. The fact that she doesn't even acknowledge me makes me want to tackle her right now. I'm not good at holding my tongue, but because she's part of their fraternity I've tried my best. It's getting harder and harder to do though.

"Hey." He nods. "I didn't know you were coming. Is everyone else here?"

"I don't think so..." She trails off, moving her gaze to scan over my dress. I can tell she's judging me. I can tell she's comparing us before she locks eyes with him again. "Just me."

Her hand is still on his arm, and when Xavier finally notices he pulls away and looks over his shoulder towards the coolers. "I'm going to go grab another water." He says, focusing only on me. "Do you want one?"

"Yes please."

He leans down to kiss my cheek before he walks away, and I inwardly cheer from how well he's handling the situation. I'm normally not one to get jealous, but with Xavier I'm petrified to lose him. I don't want anyone else to have him. Sabrina may think she has a chance, but I know deep down that I'm the only girl in his eyes. She'll look stupid for ever even trying.

"So, I'm guessing you two are a thing now?" She flips her bleached blonde hair over her shoulder and narrows her eyes. "I didn't think Xavier was one to date."