(14) - Here It Goes.

"My brother." he shrugs casually as if he was talking about the weather.

"Like your actual brother?" I push myself from the bed with my elbow and lift my torso, staring at him and the kid. Hoping him to say 'just kidding.'

"Yeh. Well adopted." he gives the kid a look as it pokes James's eyes.

Thankfully not his son at least.

"What's your name baby?" I mimic a kid's voice.

"I'm Joshua McQueen and not a baby. I'm a man." the kid glares at me, his remark and my action were met with silence until James throws his head back and laughs.
A beautiful delight sound that sends tingles down my spine.

"Woah!" I said. Seeing the so-called man and my man ganging up on me.

"She is trying to get to know you, now don't you dare snap her like that." James tickles Joshua.

"You can call me Josh" shushing the 'sh' and I let out a light chuckle.

"Okay, little man. How did you get in here?" I ask, snaking my arms under Josh's shoulders, lifting him up to my arms.

"The door was open and Oscar is here," he replied with a sheepish smile.

"Who is Oscar?" I hope it's his twin brother but nope, it's a freaking puppy!!!!

A puppy jumps merrily around James's room until it's found it's a convenient cushion on the couch in the room.

"Hmm. Nosey creature." James snort. Look like someone doesn't like pets. He is now leaning his torso on the headboard, rubbing his sleepy eyes, letting out a yawn.

"What happened to your neck?" Joshua asks me eyeing my shoulder. I didn't realize what he meant until he poked my skin to see if it's bleeding.

"Um, nothing?" I said and my face goes on fire at the memory of yesterday night. I look at James for help but he just smirks trumpet. Traitor.

"How did your face go red now? Why are you wearing BAM BAM clothes?" who said kids are adorable. Yes, they are but they too many unnecessary questions.

"Let go find your mom, shall we?" I shift the topic.

"You are pretty." Joah compliments me.

"Thank you but she is mine, you little punk," James said, making me chuckle and Josh scowl.

I might knock on our door interrupts us and our heads snap the door.

"Aww. Look at that." Ruby, Matt's mother comes in with a wide grin. I have seen her just from afar, willing to get an autograph now I'm sleeping in her nephew's bed with his clothes on. Fantastic.

Josh jumps from my hand to Ruby, "I'm sorry, Josh can be nosey sometimes." she smiles.

"Oh, I completely forgot. I'm Ruby McQueen and you must be...." she trials of to me to complete.

"Emily. Emily Davidson." I smile back.

"Well, Emily. It's such a pleasure to meet you."