About the Author

Alexander Bentley

Alexander Bentley wouldn't have written this book if it wasn't for the loving dedication of his mother, Jane.

When he was a young boy, his kindergarten teacher told his mother that he would never read - that he would remain illiterate all his life. Furious at the teacher, she pledged to invest time every night with her son. The two of them read together aloud, switching back and forth, page after page. A hundred booklets were read by little Alexander that school year. Later, in high school, he excelled at creative writing.

Inspiration comes to Alexander in all aspects of life. Some of his most notable inspirations include novelist Stephen King, 90's generation icon Kurt Cobain, Nine Inch Nails' singer-songwriter Trent Reznor, and notorious shock rocker Marilyn Manson. And, of course, the legendary Edgar Allan Poe.

As a devoted Poe fan, he is one of the few people in the world to own a copy of the American Review, a journal where "The Raven" poem first appeared in print, in 1845.

On a tragic note, the death of his biological father - whom he never met - in 2006 and the passing of his stepdad in 2013 have shaped Alexander's outlook on life and his acceptance of death's inevitable outcome.

Still, due to his intense and unquenchable fixation with immortality, some people speculate he might be a real-life, flesh and blood vampire.