Chapter Nine:It's Still Too Soon For Me To Be Thinking About Fat Suits

Dedicated to Dark_Starlet for the lovely new cover, so cute how it matches TBBG <3

Also, please do read my Author's Note at the end for two exciting announcements! 

Chapter Nine:It’s Still Too Soon For Me To Be Thinking About Fat Suits

It’s the kind of dream where you know you’re dreaming but that doesn’t make the nightmare any better. I’m at the club, I’m back in the bathroom. I’m restrained, helpless and weak. I’m crying out, someone’s hands are all over my body. I’m shaking, it’s so cold. I need to run but I’m scared, there’s a menacing face in the dark. I feel filthy, violated. He needs to stop touching me!

“Stop!” I cry out, I’m struggling in the dark. I reach for his face, gnaw at it. Arms go around me, pulling me back into a strong chest. 

“Shh, wake up Tessie. It’s okay. I’m here I’ve got you.”

I know that voice, I know it’s him holding me now and not any of them. I don’t open my eyes though, I know they’re stinging and if he sees me crying…

“Tessie?”

I fall deeper into his chest, “I’m okay.” I sniff and I feel his arms tremble around me.

“You sure you don’t…”

“I’d just like to sleep please, it was a dream nothing else.”

I can feel his frustration but he doesn’t fight me on it and wraps his arms protectively around me.

***

“Would you like me to wear one of those fat suits wrestlers wear?”

Before Cole gets the opportunity to reply, I think over my words a little. “Wait, forget I said that. It’s still too soon for me to be thinking about fat suits.”

His features contort into a scowl, “Do we need to have another talk about self esteem? Because if I have to tie you to a chair and tell you how much I like big butts and I can’t lie then…”

“My butt is not big!” Still I twist my body to look at it, grateful that all the exercise has reduced its size significantly. “It used to be but not anymore.”

 “And I like it in both sizes,” he shrugs before throwing his sweatshirt at me. “Wear it, I think Eric has some friends coming over.”

I glance down at my shirt and it’s perfectly fine. Yes it’s a little tight but Cami said that the red coloured jersey material made me glow. But that was only after I hit her with the bottle of fake tan she’d brought over. The day I decide to voluntarily decide to coat myself in orange goo is the day I become an honorary Kardashian. 

I hold the soft fabric in my hand, tempted to bring it up to my nose and sniff Cole’s delicious sent but instead I glare at him.

“Are you telling me what to wear?”

“Shortcake if it were up to me you’d be wearing as little clothing as possible, not more of it. I just…these guys can be real meatheads and you’re wearing that…” He’s gestures to my shirt like it’s offended him. “And I won’t be responsible for my actions.” 

“I know what you’re doing mister, you’re trying to change the topic aren’t you?”

He scratches the back of his neck. “What topic would that be?” He spins on his feet and heads back into his room. I follow quickly, determined to get to the root of his recent behaviour.

“You’ve been acting like you’re my bodyguard not my boyfriend. Care to explain?”

Shrugging he begins tossing a bunch of clothes in a duffel bag. I know he’s trying to play cool and that ever since he found out about his fangirls bullying me, especially the incident at the club he’s been going out of his way to protect me. Add to that, my recurring nightmares and he’s willing to build a fort around me with skank incinerating laser beams. He’s outright refused to work with Allison and her cronies and has a permanent threatening look to his face so no one’s brought up the ad again. I shiver as I remember how violently angry he’d been when we returned from the club. After having dropped Cami off at the dorms, I stayed with him at the apartment just to make sure he didn’t do anything stupid.