26. THE ANCHOR

THE ANCHOR

Riley had never looked forward to something more than the evening that Nicole came back from Dublin. He had gone to the airport to surprise her, and now they were finally home.

He had spent the whole tube journey fantasising about the moment they'd finally be alone, and now here it was.

As soon as they stepped into the flat, Riley was on her, devouring her lips with his.

"God, I've missed you," he whispered between kisses.

"Me too. Although it's only been three days..." Nicole replied, briefly breaking their contact.

It was true. But for Riley, it had felt like a lifetime.

He was a different person when she had left, his life was still a lie then and now he needed her to soothe his soul.

Riley quickly opened her coat and let it fall to the floor, enjoying the fiery look in the girl's eyes to his passionate gesture. Nicole threw her arms around his neck and united their lips again, sucking and biting, sending shivers down Riley's spine.

The man didn't break contact as he walked them to the bedroom.

There Nicole finally took a step back.

"Would you do it for me?" she purred, batting her Bambi eyes.

Riley chuckled and, unable to say no to her, he agreed.

Nicole sat on the bed with an excited grin and pressed the radio button on the alarm on the bedside table. A song Riley didn't know about kiwis and watermelons started to play.

Nicole laughed. "We can find something else..."

But Riley shook his head. "I can make anything work," he declared, temptingly wiggling his eyebrows as he removed his black Converse.

At that, Nicole leaned back on her elbows, ready to enjoy the show.

Riley started by slowly swaying his hips to the music, which made Nicole giggle again. Her beautiful, full lips curved upwards was something Riley could have died for.

Then he reached for his t-shirt behind his neck and pulled it over his head, the way Nicole loved.

She trapped her lip between her teeth as she lusted over his sculpted torso.

Another sway of the hips, another giggle, only this one more hushed and hoarse.

Finally, Riley slowly worked on the buckle of his belt and the buttons of his jeans, letting them pop one by one.

"Come here," Nicole ordered and Riley obeyed.

As soon as the man was close to her, Nicole pulled his jeans down along with his boxers.

"Hello, soldier," she joked, abruptly tugging at Riley's arm causing him to fall on the bed.

He grabbed Nicole on his way down and pulled her on top of him.

"Something exciting about having you naked underneath me while I'm fully clothed..." she teased.

Riley pushed his hips slightly upwards and the softest moan escaped the girl's lips. Then, the man flipped so that Nicole was underneath him.

"Take my clothes off," she pleaded.

And Riley did just that. His hands skilfully removed her leggings and t-shirt, then his lips traced their way down to her panties that also fell under his touch.

When he looked up at her, his heart melted; she was just so unbelievably beautiful.

He moved slightly up and let his hand wander between her legs, and when he found her already wet, he slid two fingers inside her, not moving his eyes from her ecstatic expression. He moved slowly at first, teasing her, and when her hips started to move more rhythmically, he picked up his pace to follow hers.

His lips met her breast, gently biting and sucking on her hard nipple, and Nicole's cries became louder. Her hands grabbed the sheets around her to help her absorb the intensity of the movements. When she looked like she couldn't take it anymore, Riley's thumb moved on her clit, rubbing it in a circular motion that had Nicole swear out loud. After that, it didn't take long for her to come and as she came down, Riley grabbed her hips and thrust inside her. A wicked smile on his face as Nicole's eyes closed shut as a reaction to the new powerful sensation.

"Oh my God," she moaned, letting her head fall back over the edge of the bed.

Riley moved harder, working on his own pleasure, along with hers.

The intensity was almost too much to bear.

Nicole's nails dug into the flesh of his arms as she held on to them for support, her legs wrapped around his hips.

"Fuck, baby, I can't..." she stuttered in between breaths. "It's so good..."

Riley slowed down a little, but Nicole's legs wrapped around him even tighter and forced him to continue with his pace.

He moved one hand to her throat, grabbing it ever so gently. And he knew that was it. With a loud cry Riley felt her contract around him and her back arched in an exquisite way that caused his undoing until they both fell breathlessly and numbly.

As he found back his strength, Riley scooped the girl up and pulled her against her chest, holding her tight.

"I love you," her lips moved against his skin in a sleepy slur.

"I love you too," Riley said, kissing her head, and he wished he could have screamed it at the top of his lungs.

In the madness his life had become, Nicole was his anchor to reality.

He had been a fool, he had treated her unfairly and had been too coward to take responsibility. He had to tell her the truth about his past with Alice. Riley needed and wanted her in his life but he couldn't perpetuate the lies, there were too many of those in his mind already.

If he wanted Nicole to be his safe port, he owed her that.

It was time to man up and do the right thing that was way overdue and accept any consequences it might have brought.

Because he loved her.

But not tonight, tonight he needed to hold her and let her body and mind soothe his soul.

***

On Tuesday evening, just as Riley emerged from the subway station, his phone illuminated with an unexpected message.

Confirmation reminder: PT session, Wednesday 4th at 7:00.

Riley deleted the message and put his phone back into his pocket.

He had barely spoken to Aidan since the party and had nothing to report. A bad feeling prickled his brain as he walked mindlessly through the streets of London.

What if something has gone terribly wrong?