39

☀︎

My body awakens with a jolt and I remember where I am, in his bed, his arms, this wasn't a dream after all. Xavier is sleeping peacefully next to me, long eyelashes caress his cheeks and his chest lifts with each breath he takes. 

He looks incredibly peaceful right here. Every needy thrust from last night hits me and I try to suppress the throbbing growing between my legs again, I just had a taste of him, a way to dim my horniness. No reason to lose myself completely in his skillful ways of handling me in bed, it's unnecessary.

Slipping out of the duvet, I step into my dress again and grab the holster from the ground. Unlocking the door, I hurry down the hallway and into my own room, relieved I didn't meet anyone and had to shoot them. 

After brushing my teeth, I step into the shower and rinse myself from last night's sweat, ensuring the vanilla scent in my hair. Drying myself off becomes a process when I almost slip on the floor. Tucking the towel around my body, I step into a white pair of lingerie and grab a pair of dark-washed mom jeans from the closet, matching it with a white turtleneck shirt and a pair of white high converse. 

Feeling happy with the look, I towel-dry my hair and leave it loose with the curls framing my face. This is probably as good as it's going to get. Grabbing my gun, I tuck it into my pants and feel safe with it nearby, a thigh holster is difficult when you aren't wearing a dress. 

Checking my phone, I walk out into the hallway and down the stairs. 

Three dudes are standing in the kitchen and I nod at them, not really interested, it isn't unusual to see random men roaming this house. A lot of people live here after all, I've simply decided to ignore them instead of introducing myself to every new face; it would be an impossible task. 

There is a bottle of apple juice in the fridge, pulling it out I pour it into a glass and take a long sip, enjoying the taste. 

"Hey," A boy with brown hair says to me, there is a certain glint in his eyes and I know what's about to go down. Deciding not to entertain him, he becomes annoyed at my lack of response. "Last time I fucked a whore their mouth wouldn't shut up and yet here you are."

Turning around to face the three of them I smirk in his direction, my fingers itch to put him in a chokehold, "What did you just say to me?"

"I said-" 

He starts, but his friend places a hand on his shoulder, "Dude, you probably shouldn't. We don't know who is who here, she might be of importance."

He scoffs at his friend, his eyes still burning into mine, "A girl with lips like those isn't of importance in a mafia. They're here to please the men and I want my share of this one. She looks delicious."

Taking a step closer to him, I pick up a knife from the island and his eyes widen, "Being stupid gets you killed, are you aware of that?"

He seems scared of me and his two friends raise their guns in my direction, my body simply doesn't fear death which is why I find myself laughing at them. Their advances are admirable, but I'm not a simple person, I'll cut off their balls and choke them with it. They shouldn't test me, and yet it seems like they are. 

"It surely does look like you're threatening me," I say to them. 

"That's because we are, you shouldn't mess with the Italian mafia," The boy to the right says, his hands are shaking slightly and the sight makes me smirk. 

Grabbing his gun, I fling it away from us and grab him in a chokehold making him scream in pure terror. Not wanting to hear such an annoying sound this early in the morning I instantly stab the knife into his skull before dropping him to the floor. 

Dead

Glancing down at my white shirt, I smile at the sight of no traces of blood, "That's one lucky stab, no blood on me. Do you see this?"

My excitement isn't reciprocated, as the two boys left stare at me in fright and I tilt my head to the side, "An important lesson, my darlings. In the end, all of us are made of flesh that can be cut and bones that can be broken. Remember that when you decide to go up against a psychopath."

I can feel him before he makes himself known, the shiver that goes down my spine has me looking in the direction of the stairs. My eyes cut to Xavier when he walks into the kitchen staring at the two in front of me who are currently trying to threaten me with their guns. 

He radiates controlled and calm anger, these guys must be damn near shitting themselves, "Boss! She killed one of us! That trashy ass whore just stabbed him!"

Xavier grabs a gun from his jacket, loading it and looking at the guy who just uttered those words. The manner in which he carries himself, so dangerously calm it even freaks me out. 

"Your first mistake was being born, your next mistake was calling Eloisa Martinelli a whore," I've never heard a threatening voice like that ever before, Xavier is the lethal weapon you never dare mess with. He is the epitome of ruthless. The sight of him raising the gun against the frightened boy's forehead has me weak, "Any last words, you worthless piece of absolute fucking shit."

"NO! I would like to-" 

BANG

He drops to the floor in seconds, blood oozing from the bullet that pierced through his skull. The last guy is almost peeing himself by now, he was the one who started this shit and called me a whore first. His eyes cut to mine in a pleading manner, "Please, don't let him kill me!"

Xavier takes a slow step closer to him, and the little boy backs up against the wall. Terror is written on his face and I can't help but be quite entertained, "Boss, I never meant to disrespect her. I gave her a compliment, that's all!"

Lies.

Marc chooses this exact moment to step into the kitchen. He has two men trailing behind him, both of them are built like fucking beasts and my eyes widen. Holy shit, some of these mobsters are damn near my size times four. 

Xavier looks at their entrance and grabs the boy's neck, throwing him onto the floor in front of them like a doll. 

"Take this lying son of a bastard to the basement, I want him alive, other than that you can have your fun with him," Xavier orders and the two men, or should I say beasts, grab him instantly, he's screaming for help and I simply can't bring myself to care. 

After they leave, Marc turns to me with surprise gleaming in his eyes, "You already managed to kill someone?"

"Yeah," I say, not knowing how much knowledge he has of who I am and what I do. 

"Marc," Xavier speaks, the authority in his voice tenses the atmosphere. "Grab the trusted ones, clean up this fucking mess."

With no further words spoken, Marc leaves the kitchen and I'm now officially alone with Xavier again. His eyes are staring at me and I give him a small nod, he inches closer and grabs my head in his hands, scanning my face and ending up nodding at me in return. 

"Good morning, Eloisa," He says and leaves a simple kiss on the side of my lips, smiling down at me.

"Morning, Xavier," I answer, desperate not to acknowledge how my stomach tightened because of his actions.