Chapter 30: Xu Chengyan is dead

Xu Chengyan died.

When He Yang heard the news, there was no reaction, but he patiently listened to the explanation from the person on the other end of the phone.

He Yang didn't hang up until the person finished speaking.

Chi Yi came over and asked curiously, "Young Master He, what did Yanyan say?"

"It's nothing." He Yang took the wine glass on the table and said calmly, "A boring April Fool's Day call."

It's just an April Fool's Day prank call.

Find someone to collude with good lines and say it on the phone as if it were real.

But today is April Fool's Day.

He Yang put down the wine glass, looked at the cards on the table, and said to the others, "Continue."

The table games continued.

It's just that in this game, He Yang was a little absent-minded.

Obviously he had all the good cards in his hand, but he still lost the game in the end.

After a few rounds, He Yang lost a lot of chips.

It was already one o'clock in the morning, and He Yang got up and said, "Go back."

Chi Yi asked, "It's all over, why should Young Master He just sleep here?"

Another person at the gaming table also said, "Yes, Xiu Zhu has rested on the boat, won't Young Master He stay?"

He Yang just said lightly, "No need."

He Yang turned around and left the houseboat and went back alone.

When we got back to the apartment, it was pitch dark inside.

Turning on the lights, there was no one in the living room, and the bedroom was the same as when he left in the morning.

He Yang didn't care, he just lowered his head and loosened his tie.

Everything is still as usual.

One less person in the apartment doesn't matter.

The next morning, He Yang came to the company.

There was a meeting in the morning, He Yang gave the phone to the secretary and said, "Wait for Jiang Lin to come over."

"Okay." The secretary nodded, and after He Yang left, he continued to sit back to work.

Not long after, Jiang Lin came over.

Jiang Lin was still holding a document and said to the secretary, "Where's my brother?"

The secretary replied, "Mr. He is still in the meeting, about half an hour."

Jiang Lin responded and sat on the sofa to rest, ready to wait for He Yang to come out.

The secretary poured a cup of hot tea for Jiang Lin and went back to the desk.

But soon, the secretary saw that Mr. He's cell phone was ringing from an unfamiliar number.

The secretary answered the phone, and when he heard the content on the other side, he was suddenly surprised.

So after He Yang's meeting was over, he returned to the office and saw that something was wrong on the secretary's face, and even Jiang Lin, who was next to him, was in a daze.

"What's wrong?" He Yang asked casually.

"Mr. He, I just got a call." The secretary handed over the phone and said slowly, "Mr. Xu Chengyan had a car accident yesterday—"