Chapter 11 : Because It's You

The song I put above really matches this chapter ☺️🌻 do hear it while reading ! Xoxo <3

You knew Brahms was nervous when he's unnoticeably tighten his grip on your hand. You winced at it. He noticed your winced and loosen his grip a bit.

"Sorry, I'm nervous." He said,kissing the back of your hand hoping it would make your hand feel better. You shook your head and gave him a reassuring smile. "It's alright." You said.

Once you and Brahms walked trough the door, you immediately saw the back of Seth who was talking to Mr and Mrs Heelshire. Probably about something important considering he should be somewhere else with Historia by now but instead there he was standing right before you. Mr and Mrs Heelshire's eyes darted to you both and automatically made Seth turned around to where they were looking at.

Seth's eyes widened as he saw the tall figure standing beside you. He stood there for the longest time you can remember before he spoke ;

"Brahms...buddy..is that..you..?" He asked with a shaky voice,his eyes welling up with tears. Brahms let go of your hand. He nooded to Seth's question. Seth walked faster towards you both and gave Brahms a hug. Brahms suddenly pulled you to them and you took the hint to hug both of them.

You felt so small hugging them considering their height and built.

Seth was sobbing not caring his age. You cried loudly too hearing Seth crying because you can understand how he was feeling. The feeling of knowing the person you love come back alive when you knew well you could never felt that with your parents.

After the long term of crying and huddling, you finally parted with them. Seth chuckled while wiping off his tears. You smiled.

"You silly girl, why were you crying too,huh?" Seth said, pinching your cheeks. You giggled. "I don't know, why do you think?" You asked playfully. Brahms suddenly pushed away Seth's hands from your cheeks. You and Seth turned to him. He coughed slightly. Seth smiled.

"You're jealous, aren't you? Jealous bloke!!" Seth shouted, playfully. Brahms hissed. "Shut up, ferret boy. Look at you sneering at me while you were scared of a small ferret."

You grinned bitterly at them.

"Well,now. You're both 28 years old. Look at miss (y/n). She's 22 yet mature than you." Mrs Heelshire spoke. You chuckled. "Boys will always be boys, Mrs Heelshire." Mrs Heelshire smiled. "Ah,no wonder. I didn't believe that before but when I see it with my own two eyes, it's true then." She said. Mr Heelshire let out a small laughed.

"Oh yes, I'll get going now. Historia probably waiting for me." Seth said, his eyes flickered from you to the Heelshires. "Why are you here?" You asked. "To pass something to Mr and Mrs Heelshire." He answered. Your mouth drew an O shape.

"I'm beyond happy to see you again,jealous bloke. I'll need an explanation later." Seth uttered,tapping Brahms shoulder before exiting the front door.

————

The next day, you woke up to what smells like fresh pancakes. You rubbed your eyes and turned to your phone. It's sharp seven in the morning. You slide your foot to the side of your bed,stood up and started to stretch. You went to the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth before walked down the hallway to Brahms' bedroom. You knocked on the door tenderly just so Brahms could hear it. The door soon opened up by him. He was already awake. He was wearing a jumper and a track trousers. You threw him a sweet smile.

"Good morning, Brahms." You wished. He smiled, crouched forward to your face and kissed your forehead. "Good morning."

You and Brahms went downstairs to the kitchen. Just as you both walked through the door, you saw Mrs Heelshire setting the pancakes on four plates on top of the kitchen counter. You beamed at her. She turned your smile. "Good morning, Mrs Heelshire." She frowned at you. "Oh,please. Just call me mother. Anyways, good morning to you back (y/n)." She said, casually. You felt overwhelmed by her casualties. You finally felt home.

You looked up at Brahms excitedly. He smiled and 'boop' your nose. You excitedly walked to Mr Heelshire who was sitting in the dining room beside the kitchen. "Good morning, father." You wished, happily. He laughed a bit before returning your wish.

Once the pancakes were all ready, you helped Mrs Heelshire putting it on to the dining table.

You ate the pancakes with a sweet smile drawn on your face. It's been so long since you felt home.

"So when is it, Brahms?" Mr Heelshire sluggishly asked Brahms. You continued to munch on the pancakes since you had no clue what was it. "Would next January be nice?" Brahms answered,reaching for the maple syrup.  Mr and Mrs Heelshire nodded in agreement. "Yes. That's perfect." Mrs Heelshire spoke, smiling to you. You noticed her smile and smiled back while munching without knowing anything. Brahms wiped off a little bit of leftovers from your lips.

"I think if I have a daughter after you, you both will be just like this." Mrs Heelshire uttered in awe. Brahms shook his head. "Nothing like this will happen between siblings, mother. We'll probably fight over a plate or a simple jacket." He said bluntly. You and Mr Heelshire laughed.

"Ah, yes. I almost forgot. Me and your mother will be out today to the town." Mr Heelshire spoke. Brahms nodded in understanding.

"Alright." He said.

———

The couple went out and left both of you at home, boring. You sat with Brahms on the sofa in the library before feeling like reading. You stood up and walked to the bookshelves. You checked the books one by one.

"Brahms?" You called. Brahms looked up to you. "Hm?"

"Have you read this book?" You asked. He nodded. "Thrice." Your eyes widened at him.

"Thrice..?"

"I'm bored for the past 20 years, so I spent the whole years reading all of those books over and over again."

"Didn't you um...get bored when I was reading it all these times?" You asked, rubbing your neck.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because it's you."

You flattered hearing his words. Your cheeks started to redden.

"Y-yeah, I...kinda know....but still."

"Not at all. I love your voice,your scent and your warmth. I love to feel that whenever I read with you, that's why." He uttered again.

"In all honesty, I love yours too..." you confessed timidly. You could feel your face was burning.

He stood up and walked towards you slowly. He gripped your chin tenderly and pulled it up locking your eyes to his. He leaned forward and kissed your lips innocently and locking his eyes back to yours.

"Now that was the third kiss of ours." He said, giving you his boyish smile. You chuckled.

24.12.2020