Chapter 10 : I Love You

Brahms started to feel guilty about your phone. He tapped your back softly before parted you from him. You looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry." He said. You looked up staring at his eyes.

"Stay." He uttered.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I mean, of course I want to but it's not my choice. My job here is done so I need to leave. Your parents-" before you even get to finished your sentence, Mr Heelshire cut your words.

"Stay, miss (y/n)." He said, with Mrs Heelshire stood beside him near the doorframe, nodding at his words. You and Brahms turned to them.

"We want you to stay. A family member shouldn't leave her family's side, isn't it?" Mrs Heelshire continued with smile on her face.

You smiled back.

"Is it really alright?" You asked.

"Yes." She said.

You turned your face back to Brahms excitedly. He smiled back.

———

You and Brahms spent time together at the study room planning on reading his favourite novel. Just as you wanted to read, Brahms suddenly lay down on your lap. Not gonna lie he's kinda heavy for your small figure. But you don't mind. You looked down at his face. He looked at you back and beamed at you. You can't help but to smile back at him. He then closed his eyes.

"You smell nice." he said. You blushed at him.

"Thank you."

You read him his novel like you always did with the doll. It's calming and soothing. You read with one hand holding the book and the other hand brushing Brahms' hair tenderly. You stopped reading when you heard a barely audible snore came from Brahms. His sleeping face made you feel more and more in love with him. You leaned down to his face and gave him a small peck on his forehead.

"I love you." you whispered to him with a smile drawn on your face. Before you could even leaned back, he kissed your lips softly.

"I love you more."

You blushed in embarrassment and cover your face. Brahms laughed.

"I thought you were asleep." you said, still covering your face.

"Well, I was. But when I felt something was moving, I immediately woke up. I can't let my guard down, you know." he explained.

Understandable. It's probably because he's living in the walls for a while so he can't let his guard down with the rats and all.

Brahms sit up from your lap. You watched as he stood up after. He's way too tall. He motioned his hand towards you. You raised your eyebrows.

"Come on, little one. Aren't you hungry?" he said. "Ah," you said in realisation.

You walked to the kitchen with Brahms holding hands until you saw Mr and Mrs Heelshire looking at you both. You pulled back your hand from Brahms'. Brahms looked upset with your sudden action. Mr and Mrs Heelshire threw you a giggle.

"We've already knew." Mr Heelshire said, smiling. You blushed looking down at the floor. Brahms took your hand back and hold it tightly.

———

After eating, you put on your jacket to clean the traps outside but Brahms had no clue of what you were doing.

"Where are you going? It's cold outside." he asked. You gave him a confused look back.

"I'm going to clean the traps?" you uttered with raised eyebrows.

"You don't have to do that anymore. I'm no longer living in the walls." he said.

"Alright then. I'm going outside to take a cool breeze."

"Count me in." he said. He also put on a jacket before following you. He sneezed as soon as he stepped outside. You gave him a small sigh.

"You don't need to follow me outside,you know." you said. He shook his head and hold your hand.

"Shall we?" he asked with a smile. You beamed at him.

You and Brahms sat in the garden, still holding hands.

"Hey, Brahms. May I ask?" You said. Brahms nodded. "Anything." He answered.

"I don't know if I'm insane or what, but I think I saw you in my dreams, caressing my cheeks."

He shook his head.

"You were not dreaming. It was me."

"But, in that dream, you were wearing a porcelain mask. But you're not wearing them now." You explained.

"I have that mask. But I don't want to wear it. It's suffocating me. I wore it that night because I don't have the courage to let you know that I'm alive yet."

You nodded in understanding.

You looked down at your hands shyly.

"You know, i-it was my first kiss." You said, timidly. He confused.

"What?" He asked.

"Back then, at the study room...you kissed me...that was my first kiss."

"No, that's your second." He said sluggishly. It's your turn to be confused now.

"I'm..pretty sure it's my first kiss..?" You said. He chuckled.

"I kissed you before. When Seth and Historia slept here, when there were thunderstorms. You forgot to give the doll a goodnight kiss so I gave you instead."

"Ah, that was it!!"

He nodded.

"Hm..I wonder who was your first kiss..?"

He gave you a neutral look on his face.

"It's you." He answered.

"No way.."

"It's true. That night was my first kiss. It's the same as yours."

"....."

He chuckled at your expression.

"Oh no." He said while chuckling.

"What? Why?" You asked worriedly.

"I think I've fallen for you again." He uttered, giving you a small wink.

You blushed at him.

"Hey! You just caught me off guard there!" You yelled with embarrassment. Brahms can't stop giggling.

The giggling stopped when you both heard an engine sound came from a car. You saw Seth went out of the car towards the front door.

You confused.

"Seth and Historia should be somewhere else by now. What is he doing here?" You said, audibly. You turned to face Brahms when you didn't hear any response from him. He looked longed. You sighed.

"You miss him, don't you?" You said to him. He finally looked at you and nodded softly.

"Let's go meet him. He should know that you're alive. Only god knows how much he missed you, Brahms. My heart ache just by thinking how he was coping with your 'death'" you said, convincing him.

He stood up and hold your hand tenderly.

"Let's go meet him." Brahms said, convinced.

"Alright." You said, holding his hand back.

22.12.2020