Chapter 7 : The Kiss And Heartbroken

That night, You wanted Historia to sleep with you so she did. Before you both sleep, you sit on the bed tucked in and your gaze suddenly darted to Brahms the doll beside you. You realised that you forgot to get Brahms to sleep. You get off the bed and lifted Brahms. Historia who’s changing her clothes watched as you walked passing her.

“Get him to sleep are you?” She asked. You turned your head to her and smiled. “Yes. I forgot to do it just now.” You said and walked through the door to Brahms room.

You tucked Brahms in his bed. You then read him a few pages of his book before kneeled down to read the prayers. Once you’ve finished the prayers, you stood up, switched off the light and closed his door. You didn’t realise that...you forgot to kiss him goodnight.

You never forget to do that ever since you got the rules but that night was different. You did feel uneasy because you thought of what rules you didn’t do today but you were very certain that you’ve did it all. You frowned and Historia noticed your face.

“What’s wrong?” She asked. You turned your whole body to her and crossed your legs. “I think I forgot something important but I’m not sure what is it.” You muttered with bitterness written on your face. Historia also frowned. “I think you’ve did it all. Don’t worry about it.” She reassured you. You nodded, but still feeling guilty about it.

“Sweet dreams, (y/n).” Historia wished you. You beamed at her. “Don’t let the bedbugs bite, Historia.” You continued and you both chuckled.

Just as you pulled the bed sheets up to your chin, a flash of lightning went through your window before the loud thunder stormed. You jumped at it but you felt safe when you looked at Historia who’s in her deep sleep. “It’s going to be okay.” You breathed.

Suddenly, you heard a knocking sound on your door. You get off the bed and walked to the door. Once you opened it, you saw Seth standing before you shivering. Seth smiled nervously. “Yes?” You asked. “Can Historia sleep with me tonight? I..uh..I’m afraid of thunder.” Seth said, rubbing the back of his neck. You chuckled. “Alright. Let me wake her up.” You said and walked towards Historia. You felt a bit guilty to wake her up when she’s already sound asleep. You tapped her left arm sofly.

“Historia, wake up.” You said. She opened her eyes. “Eh, are you alright? What’s wrong?” She asked as she sat up. “Not me,but Seth. He’s afraid of thunder so he wants you to sleep with him.” You bluntly said. Historia blinked at your words. She sighed, “Alright, then.” She said and jumped off the bed. She walked passed you but then she stopped halfway and turned around to look at you. You tilted your head. “Hm?” You asked.

“Are you going to be okay sleeping alone with thunderstorms?” She asked, worriedly. You smiled to reassured her, but deeply you are very scared of it and you’re not okay. “I’m alright. Seth needs you.” You said. She nodded.

Historia smack Seth on his shoulder. “Why are you so scared??? What’s the point of us sleep here when she’s still sleeping alone??” She said, with groan. “Sorry.” He said,apologetically. “Not to me but to (y/n).” She said.

———

It’s finally raining after all of those thunderstorms. You looked up to the ceiling and stared at it. You can’t sleep. You’re still worried about the rules that you think you forgot. After a few light blinks, you’ve finally fell asleep.

During your sleep, the guy last week came out from the closet once again. He walked towards you slowly to make sure you really did asleep. He towered over you. His eyes softened when he saw you smiled during your sleep, presumably dreaming about something happy. He kneeled down and looked at your sleeping face. He took off his porcelain mask and leaned forward to your face.

He kissed your lips innocently. More like a quick peck on your lips. He smiled.

“You forgot to kiss me goodnight. So tonight, I’ll be the one who remembers it.” He whispered, with his real voice. He then caressed your cheeks lovingly before stood up. He walked to the closet until,

“Please don’t go.”

His eyes widened. He slowly turned around and relaxed after he saw you still sleeping. You were sleep-talking. He walked back to you and kneeled down. He held your hand and brushed it softly using his thumb. You smiled.

“I love you.” You breathed. He blushed at your words although he’s not sure whether or not the words was pointed at him.

———

The thunderstorm strike once again. You jumped. You immediately sat up. You looked around your room. Your eyes suddenly blurred. Tears went down your cheeks like a waterfall. You take the heavy raining as an opportunity to cry loudly because Historia and Seth wouldn’t hear it. You don’t know why you were crying. You heart just felt so uneasy and you really, really need a hug from Brahms,the real Brahms. You have the feeling of Brahms’ presence. But you kept on telling yourself that he’s gone and your heart ached so much. You sob loudly.

It’s just so weird of how can you love someone who’ve died 20 years ago without even know him well.

Brahms’ heart aching. He knew well he should showed himself to you and others before his parents are back and you would be leaving. He cried seeing you crying. Too many ‘if onlys’ and ‘why’s’ in his head.

———

You woke up that morning feeling a bit down.  But you tried not to show it. You stretched your body before went to the bathroom. You washed your face and brushed your teeth. After that, you went back to your bedroom and changed to something warm. You then walked to Brahms the doll’s room. You smiled.

“Good morning, Brahms. Let’s get you changed and breakfast.” You said. You lifted Brahms up and started to walked to the guest room where Historia and Seth were at. You knocked on their door a few times before Historia opened it. She’s already dressed in sweatshirt and warm trousers. She smiled.

“Good morning, Historia.” You wished her. “Rise and shine.” She wished you back. “I’ll fix us breakfast today.” Historia said,excitedly. You nodded.

———

After breakfast, you went outside to clear the traps. Once you’ve done, you told Historia that you had to do Brahms lessons and music appreciation first before you could do anything else with her. Historia nodded with understanding. You relieved at her answers.

After all of the works done, you’ve finally have the time to spend with Historia.

You both and Brahms sat in the living room.

“Historia?” You called her. She turned to you. “Yes?” She answered. “How did you meet Seth.” You asked. She laughed. “It’s silly. I was only a regular customer at his shop. But he’s suddenly flirted with me. But who knows, I accepted him and here we are.” She said,chuckling.

“Is it weird to love someone who’s already gone?” You asked her while gazing out. “What do you mean? Like, gone for good or died?” She asked you and you turned your head to her. “Died.” You answered her bluntly. Her face turned neutral. “Ah.” She said.

“Nope. That not weird at all.” She said, smiling. Her smiled gave you hope. But the hope faded out. “But he’s dead.” You frowned. “Brahms. Am I right?” She asked. Her question made your eyes widened.

“H..how?” You asked her. “Seth told me that you’ve never had a relationship with any guys before. And you kept on asking about Brahms lately. That’s good enough to give me the hint.” She said. You started to cry. Historia pulled you towards her and hugged you. She brushed your head softly. She cried quietly.

“I know you’re hurting. I know. He’s gone now but that won’t change the fact that you love him. You can cry as loud as you want. I’m here. It’s okay.” She reassured you.

14.12.2020