Chapter 6 : Flashbacks

A week has passed. You were doing a great job taking care of Brahms. After the lessons and music appreciation, Seth called you through the phone.

“Hello?” You said. “Ah,hey (y/n). I was thinking if I should bring Historia tomorrow to the manor. She wants to see you real bad. I don’t know why, but she kept on asking when can she meet you. She’s um, too excited I can say?” Seth said on the other end of the line. You chuckled. “Hey, how about just bring her today? Hearing how excited she is makes me double excited to meet her.” You said,smiling. “Oh, didn’t see that coming. Ight, how about 6:00? We can dinner together.” Seth said, you can tell he’s smiling. “Deal.” You said. Seth ended the call.

You turned your head to Brahms. “Well, Brahms. We’ll have a family coming this evening.” You said, not expecting to get an answer for that. You and Brahms were sitting in the kitchen having some tea-time together. It’s a bit windy that day. You looked outside and saw withering tree leaves were flying around, considering it’s almost winter. You smiled.

“You know, Brahms. Winter is my favourite season. One of the main reasons is because me and my parents were always play in the snow. Sometimes, they brought me to a frozen lake to enjoy our ice skating. My birthday is in winter too, that’s why I love winter. But my parents are not here anymore. So I won’t be able to do that again.” You said, smiling bitterly. You caressed Brahms’ porcelain cheeks.

“If you still alive and well right now, I would tell you to always appreciate what your parents do for you. Love them, hug them and tell them you love them very much, because you wouldn’t be able to do that anymore once they’ve passed away. I can see very clear that your parents really love you. They even hire me to take care of you and your father said that he and your mother were anxious to be off. They even let a fully stranger like me taking care of her son and trust me to live in this manor.” You said. You watched Brahms’ emotionless face. You chuckled.

“Oh wow, I was emotional didn’t I? Sorry for that. I just need a hug. Maybe I can ask for a hug from Historia later? Hahah.”

-skip-

Seth and Historia arrived at the manor. They knocked on the front door while you were dressing Brahms. You finished your job quickly and went to the front door. You opened it to see a tall smiling guy and a sweet woman waving at you. You smiled.

“Hi!!!!” Historia excitedly said. You smiled. “Hi! I’m (y/n).” You said with Brahms in your arms. “I’m Historia.” She said, still smiling. You saw Seth was trembling from the cold and asked them to come in.

You took out the plates and arranged them on the dining table. The foods were served perfectly. You then called Seth and Historia for a dinner. They both looked excited to taste your home cooked meals.

“Oh my god, I’m so hungry.” Historia said, rubbing her stomach. You chuckled. “Feel free,then.” You said. You guys chitchatting non stop until you had the audacity to asked about Brahms. The real Brahms.

“Um, Seth. May I ask something about Brahms? I meant, the real Brahms.” You asked, smiling nervously. “Sure. What do you want to know about him?” He said.

“What was he like?”
“He was shy and timid. I wouldn’t say he was girlish, but more to quiet. He didn’t talk too much. He loved to read and learn. If he’s still alive, I could say he would make a very well-mannered gentleman.” He said, smiling.

“What causes Brahms to die?” You asked,scared to hear the truth.
“From a house fire. He died not long after Emily’s death was known.” 

“Could you tell me more about your friendship with Brahms and Emily?” You asked again.
“Well, we were happy back then, playing hide-and-seek, pranking each other, running in the gardens without raincoats when it was raining and all. Until this one particular day, I should’ve been out playing with Brahms and Emily, but I got family business to attend. And that was it. After that day, Emily was nowhere to be seen until we heard the news about her. That was the day everything went downhill.” He said.

Historia smiling bitterly at him. She patted his back softly.

“He missed them so much. Especially Brahms. It was and still is tough for him. He can’t sleep at night thinking how bad it was for Brahms to die in such a tragic way.” Historia said, looking and gave the same smile at you. You frowned.

“I am so,so sorry for asking that questions, Seth.” You said,looking down. “No, it’s alright. You ought to know anyways. You’re part of the family now.” He said, smiling. You, Historia and Seth finished your meal and picked up the plates to the sink. Historia offered to help you wash the dishes while you packed the leftovers into the food container before putting it into the fridge.

Seth and Historia started to put on their jackets. You suddenly felt lonely, thinking you’ll be left all alone without a human to talk to. You frowned. Historia noticed your expression.

“What’s wrong, honey?” She asked, worriedly. “C-can’t you guys...stay here for a night?” You asked,timidly. Seth bursted into laughed. “Hey, we will stay here for tonight. We’re going to take our clothes from the car actually. Well, this wasn’t on the plans originally, but this woman here tried to provoked me to stay here with you. And it’s surprisingly worked.” Seth sigh. Historia’s face turned red. You chuckled. “Thank you, so much.” You said, smiling lovingly. Historia smiled at you. “You’re welcome. How can I despise this adorable creature.” She said.

12.12.2020