Chapter 3 : Alone With Brahms

"You were such a good boy today Brahms. You behaved like a little gentleman. Mummy's so proud of you. " Mrs Heelshire said, smiling. Suddenly, Mr Heelshire mumbled something to Mrs Heelshire that made her turned to face you,

"Could you give us a moment to speak to Brahms privately?" she asked. "Yes, sure." you answered, Mr Heelshire then closed Brahms'  bedroom door.

You waited outside quietly. But, during the wait, you noticed some voice came from a child trough the door. You weird at what you just heard and shook your head, It can't be the doll speaking, right? You asked yourself. That's when Mrs Heelshire opened the door and walked to you.

"He wants you miss (y/n). He's chosen you,, if you'll have him." Mrs Heelshire said, trying to hug you. You hugged her back. You looked at the doll face and immediately felt goosebumps but you tried to be optimistic about it.

-Skip-

It's finally time for the Heelshires to go to their vacation. You woke up freshly and changed to a more comfortable outfit. You heard a knock from the outside of your bedroom's door. You opened it to see Mr Heelshire waiting to speak to you for a while.

"Good morning, Mr Heelshire." You said. He smiles and nod. "Same goes to you miss (y/n)." He said. He motioned his hand meaning he wants you to walk first and you did.

"I apologize for the rush, miss (y/n). It's so long since we've been on holiday and we're anxious to be off. Besides, Brahms seems so fond of you. I only wish we had an opportunity to, uh... To explain to you a vicissitudes of a child as unique as our Brahms. But uh, you'll pick it up, I'm sure." he said. You nod as always.

"Oh, I've got something to, um,, help you along. A schedule. The rules. Mrs Heelshire, she was kind enough to write one out, you see?" he said. "Yes, Mr Heelshire." you said.

"Now, it may seem a bit silly, but it is important that you follow them because Brahms is not like other children. He can be particular. I'm afraid we may have indulged him a bit over the years." he said again. You gave him a nervous smile.

I can do this. I can do this. You can, (y/n). You thought to yourself.

"Come along mummy!" Mr Heeshire called for his wife. He then set his eyes to you.

"Seth will be by once a week with groceries and, of course, your payment. And I'm sure that he can answer any other questions that you might have." he said, smiling to you. Mrs Heelshire and Brahms the doll walked downstairs to you and Mr Heelshire.

He kissed Brahms the doll's head.

"Be good to him, and he'll be good to you. Be bad to him, and he'll be bad to you." he said. But this time, he said it sternly. You gulped.

"Oh, she will be good to him. Won't you miss (y/n)?" Mrs Heelshire asked. "Yes, I'll treat him like my own." you said while giving them your best smile, sincerely.

They finally looked relieved by you.

Mrs Heelshire gave you a hug and you watched them as they got in the taxi and disappeared from your eyesight with Brahms the doll in your arms. You and Brahms too, get inside.

You sit Brahms in the wooden chair. You kneeled down and smiles at him.

"Hey, handsome boy. What do you want to do today? Should we eat breakfast first? Or do you want to start our lessons?" you asked, smiling while knowing that you will never get a response for that. You stared at the doll firmly.

"Hm..I'm hungry. Let's eat first and then I'll read a book for you. Alright, honey?" you said, chuckling to yourself. You picked up Brahms and made your way to the kitchen.

Once you got there, you made pancakes for both of you. You handed Brahms his plate and sit down beside him. You eat happily because... Why not? Food will always make you smile. You turned to Brahms who certainly do not eat. You smiled.

"Pancakes is my favourite breakfast, you know. But! I can eat pancakes whenever I want. Not just for breakfast. hihi." you said, giggling. You've finally done with your eating. You stand up and picked up Brahms plate. You put the pancakes into the container and into the fridge. You then brought Brahms to the study room.

The reading went very well throughout the time. You had fun reading it even if it's to a
Lifeless doll. You finally felt happy for the first time after your parents death. Your reading session has finished. You closed the book, stand up and turn on the music. Most technically, a classical record. You sat down on the couch with. Brahms. You hugged the doll gently and fallen asleep as the record's sound fading away.

You woke up to the knocking sound of the front door. You looked around searching for the clock and you saw the time. You gasped knowing it's 5:00 in the evening. You sit up to see Brahms sitting in the chair in front of you but looking down at your bottom. You looked down and you saw a blanket covering your bottom as you sit up but probably it was also covering you during your sleep. You stared at the doll weirdly but you snapped out of it and smile lovingly.

"Thank you Brahms, honey." you said.

You jumped at the loud knock.

"Oh, right. The door." you whispered.

You picked Brahms up and walking to the front door. You open the door to see a guy smiling at you with his right hand waving at you. You smiled back.

"Hi there, you've probably heard from the Heelshires about the 'Grocery Boy' right? But as you can see, I'm...a guy. Well, jokes aside. I'm Seth the delivery guy. Nice to meet you, miss (y/n)." he said. You chuckled.

"You know my name?" you asked.
"Yes, the Heelshires told me a bit about you. You're from... Newcastle. Am I right?" he asked. You nod.
"Yes. That's right." you said.

5.12.2020